Brace for Stand-Out Tone with the Taylor 614ce Limited Edition w/Quilted Maple Body and Torrefied Sitka Top
One of the distinctive traits of maple as a tonewood is its sonic transparency, which makes it wonderfully player-reflective. On this quilt maple/spruce 614ce, a torrefied, specially roasted Sitka spruce top and the tone-enhancing V-Class bracing take that natural versatility to a whole new level.
Whatever the player brings to the guitar comes through - it can be played to sound either warm or bright. The roasting process for the top elicits a more played-in tone. Together with the V-Class bracing, this gives the player a more expressive tool in the form of increased dynamic range, greater projection, longer sustaining notes, and more harmonic agreement with chords up the entire fretboard.
The 614ce stands out as one of the most touch-sensitive models in the entire Taylor acoustic line. Whether you play fingerstyle arrangements or strum in alternate tunings - whichever your preferred musical style, this guitar pays musical dividends back on what you put in. Aesthetic touches include a hand-rubbed Desert Sunburst stain, that highlights the rich figure of the maple back and sides, and features ebony binding, a paua abalone rosette trimmed with ebony and ivoroid, and "Wings" fretboard and peghead inlays in grained ivoroid. The guitar ships with ES2 electronics and Taylor's deluxe hardshell case.
- Bracing: V-Class
- Stain/Sunburst: Desert Sunburst
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Ebony with Ivoroid Purfling
- Top Finish: Gloss
- Back Config: 2 Piece
- Backstrap Finish: Gloss
- Backstrap Wood: Match Binding
- Rosette Material: Ebony/Ivoroid/Paua/Ivoroid/Ebony
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite nut, Micarta saddle
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Number of Frets: 20
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Mother of Pearl Wings
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Figured Maple
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Peghead Finish: Gloss
- Peghead Binding: None
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Grained Ivoriod
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Mother of Pearl Wings
- Peghead Logo: Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Electronics: ES-2
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details