Break Ground Toward A New Sound - The Taylor Builder's Edition 717e Acoustic Electric Guitar - Rosewood & Natural Spruce
Joining Taylor's inaugural class of Grand Pacific guitars, this Builder's Edition 717e builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts and is breaking new ground toward an entirely new Taylor sound, built around changes to body style and fresh approach to musicality.
With rosewood's harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom., and a voice still comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer more expressive musical range.
The rounded shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylorâ€™s award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here. V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum.
The 717e Builder's Edition sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the players hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. The bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the players pick hand. Taylors noise-reducing Silent Satin finish displays the muted sheen of an older guitar, while elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with sapele binding.
This edition also features Taylor's stage-ready ES2 electronics.
GRAND PACIFIC SHAPE
- This Round-Shoulder Dreadnought Delivers A New Flavor Of Warm, Rich Taylor Tone
- The Soundboard Choice For Most Guitars, Sitka Spruce Produces A Broad Dynamic Range And Accommodates A Versatile Range Of Playing Styles
- The Tonewood Superstar. Popular, Traditional, And Versatile, Bob Taylor Puts Indian Rosewood Among The Greatest Tonewoods Ever
- The Expression System 2 Captures More Of A Guitar's Dynamic Properties Using A Breakthrough Behind-The-Saddle Design
- The Clean, Symmetrical Look Of A Traditional Acoustic Guitar
- A Revolutionary Design That Balances The Flexibility And Stability Of The Top, V-Class Bracing Produces Unmatched Sustain, Volume, And Intonation
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Rosette Material: Black Sapele/Maple
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Saddle: Micarta
- Bracing: V-Class
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut: Black Graphite
- Number of Frets: 20
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Model: BUILDEREDITION 717E
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details