Break Ground Toward A New Sound - The Taylor Builder's Edition 717e Acoustic Electric Guitar - Rosewood & Natural Spruce
Joining Taylorâ€™s inaugural class of Grand Pacific guitars, this Builderâ€™s Edition 717e builds on a long tradition of rosewood/spruce dreadnoughts and is breaking new ground toward an entirely new Taylor sound, built around changes to body style and fresh approach to musicality.
With rosewoodâ€™s harmonic complexity and the played-in sound of the torrefied spruce top, players can expect rich, luxurious tonal character from top to bottom., and a voice still comfortably rooted in a traditional sound, yet updated to offer more expressive musical range.
The rounded shoulder dreadnought shape, featuring Taylorâ€™s award-winning V-Class bracing, produces warm, seasoned acoustic tone in which individual notes overlap and blend smoothly together, while the low-end power common among dreadnoughts boasts greater clarity here. V-Class brings extra punch and sustain, along with improved intonation and musicality across the entire frequency spectrum.Â
The 717e Builderâ€™s Edition sports an array of premium, player-friendly features: chamfered body edges, rolled fretboard edges, and a new compound-carve neck profile, whose contours match the natural adjustments in the playerâ€™s hand position when moving up and down the fretboard. The bridge design was refined to add a more ergonomic feel for the playerâ€™s pick hand. Taylorâ€™s noise-reducing Silent Satin finish displays the muted sheen of an older guitar, while elegantly understated appointments include mother-of-pearl Arrowhead fretboard and peghead inlays, with sapele binding.
This edition also features Taylor's stage-ready ES2 electronics.
GRAND PACIFIC SHAPE
- This Round-Shoulder Dreadnought Delivers A New Flavor Of Warm, Rich Taylor Tone
- The Soundboard Choice For Most Guitars, Sitka Spruce Produces A Broad Dynamic Range And Accommodates A Versatile Range Of Playing Styles
- The Tonewood Superstar. Popular, Traditional, And Versatile, Bob Taylor Puts Indian Rosewood Among The Greatest Tonewoods Ever
- The Expression System 2 Captures More Of A Guitar'S Dynamic Properties Using A Breakthrough Behind-The-Saddle Design
- The Clean, Symmetrical Look Of A Traditional Acoustic Guitar
- A Revolutionary Design That Balances The Flexibility And Stability Of The Top, V-Class Bracing Produces Unmatched Sustain, Volume, And Intonation
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Sapele
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2-piece No Wedge
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Rosette Material: Black Sapele/Maple
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony
- Buttons: Nickel
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Saddle: Micarta
- Bracing: V-Class
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut: Black Graphite
- Number of Frets: 20
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Arrowheads, Mother of Pearl
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell-Western Floral
- Brand of Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Model: BUILDEREDITION 717E
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92344
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device