Get Legendary Craftsman Ship Straight From Taylor Themselves With The Taylor Builder's Edition K14ce Acoustic Guitar
This stunning Grand Auditorium from our new Builder's Edition collection features Hawaiian koa back and sides paired with a torrefied Sitka spruce top. The guitar was inspired by our groundbreaking V-Class bracing, which boosts the volume evenly across the tonal spectrum, increases the sustain, and improves the natural intonation of the guitar by creating a more orderly response from the soundboard. The result is a more harmonious relationship between the notes you play, helping chords sing with cohesive beauty. Another design emphasis of Builder's Edition is enhanced playing comfort in the form of ergonomic new body contours. Details include a beveled armrest, beveled body edge treatment, and a reshaped cutaway that flows smoothly into the heel and incorporates a finger bevel where the cutaway meets the soundboard. This creates a more fluid path to the guitar's upper-register notes for your fretting hand. Other refined touches include "silent" satin finish, which helps quiet the incidental noise against the guitar body, and a gorgeous new Kona burst that highlights the natural beauty of the figured koa back and sides. Inset koa/paua top and back trim adds a beautiful sparkle that complements the new Spring Vine fretboard inlay. In every way, this K14ce acoustic guitar embodies the ultimate player's guitar and testifies to the benefits of innovative craftsmanship.
Grand Auditorium Shape
Taylor's signature shape embodies the ultimate all-purpose acoustic.
Sitka Spruce Top Wood
The soundboard choice for most guitars, Sitka spruce produces a broad dynamic range and accommodates a versatile range of playing styles.
Hawaiian Koa Body
Few woods carry the allure of Hawaiian koa, with its gorgeous figure and sweet, complex tone.
Expression System 2 Electronics
The Expression System 2 captures more of a guitar's dynamic properties using a breakthrough behind-the-saddle design.
A smooth, double-contoured cutaway provides easy access to even the highest frets without changing hand positions.
A revolutionary design that balances the flexibility and stability of the top, V-Class bracing produces unmatched sustain, volume, and intonation.
- Scale Length: 25-1/2"
- Nut & Saddle: Black Graphite, Micarta saddle
- Bracing: V-Class
- Truss Rod Cover: West African Ebony
- Pickguard: None
- Number of Frets: 20
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell Brown
- Body Length: 20"
- Body Width: 16"
- Body Depth: 4 5/8"
- Binding/Edge Treatment: Inset Koa/Paua
- Top Finish: Silent Satin
- Back Config: 2 or 3 piece
- Backstrap Finish: None
- Rosette Size: Single Ring
- Bridge Inlay: None
- Back/Side Finish: Silent Satin
- Armrest Binding: Beveled, inset Koa/Paua
- Backstrap Wood: None
- Rosette Mat: .Koa/Fiber/Paua
- Stain/Sunburst: Kona Burst
- Wedge: None
- Armrest: Yes
- Neck Width: 1-3/4"
- Fretboard Inlay: Spring Vine
- Fretboard Binding/Edge Treatment: West African Ebony
- Heel Cap Binding: West African Ebony
- Type of Neck Joint: Taylor Neck
- Neck/Heel: Tropical Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: West African Ebony
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Heel Length: 3-1/4"
- Peghead Finish: Satin
- Peghead Binding: West African Ebony
- Peghead Type: Standard
- Peghead Purfling: Koa
- Headstock Overlay: West African Ebony
- Peghead Inlay: Spring Vine
- Peghead Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Bridge Pins: West African Ebony with Abalone Dots
- Buttons: Gold
- Fingerboard Ext: None
- Edge Trim: None
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details