Get Great Looks and Richly Compelling Tone - The Taylor Custom GA Cutaway Acoustic Electric Guitar - Quilted Maple With Sitka Spruce Top
Imagine a Taylor guitar that's uniquely yours, brought to life with Taylor's legendary craftsmanship. This stunning custom Grand Auditorium guitar features a transparent blue/purple over teal stain finish over a AA-quality set of quilted maple, topped with solid Sitka spruce. Adding to its significant visual appeal are white plastic binding for striking lines, Azurite rosette, and chrome Gotoh 510 tuners, along with a smooth Venetian cutaway.
Traditionally known for having a focused tone with a fast note decay that cuts through a mix, Taylor's maple guitars were revoiced for 2015 to produce greater warmth, complexity, volume, sustain and responsiveness, while retaining maple's naturally clear, linear qualities. The clarity of the high end is still there, but the bottom end has been extended. The result is a more multi-dimensional sound that gives players the kind of musical versatility of other classic tonewoods, making their maple models a compelling choice as a primary guitar, not just a stage guitar. Their maple guitars are voiced to be very reflective of the player's technique, so a player with a dynamic playing style or someone who likes to vary their picking attack will appreciate how easily those playing nuances come through in the tonal response.
The Taylor ES pickup systems build seamlessly into the design of the guitar - an integrated pickup system unlike any other. From the design and location of both body and string sensors, to the voicing of the preamp, the ES is fully optimized for sound. Elegant design which includes the non-intrusive control knobs also preserves the inherent aesthetics of this acoustic instrument.
Taylor Custom #11152, Grand Auditorium With Venetian Cutaway
- Back/Sides: Maple, AA Quilt
- Back Configuration: 2-Piece No Wedge
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Fb/Bridge: Special Ebony, Flamed FB, Dark
- Wedge: No Wedge Material
- Neck: Maple
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony
- Bracing: V-Class
- Material: Black, Ebony Binding on FB and Heelcap
- Body: Standard
- Fretboard: Standard
- Peghead: No Peghead Binding
- Heel Cap: Standard
- Armrest: No Armrest
- Material: Plastic
- Body-Top: B/W/B/W/W/B
- Body-Back: B/W/B
- Body-Sides: B/W/B
- Rosette: Black .020"/183/Italian Acylic/183/black.020", Cutter #13
- Soundhole: Ebony Ring With No Purfling
- Rosette: Custom, #183 Azurite Web with Italian Acylic
- Peghead Logo: Custom, Italian Acylic
- Fretboard: Custom, Cap and Pointer #183 Azurite Web/Italian Acylic
- Width: 1-3/4"
- Heel Length: 3-1/2"
- Scale Length: Standard 25-1/2"
- Neck Profile: Standard Curve
- Peghead Type: Standard Peghead
- Backstrap: Gloss with Single Black Underlay
- Back/Sides: Gloss
- Top: Gloss
- Neck: Gloss
- Body Filler: Clear
- Neck Filler: Clear
- Peghead: Gloss
- Stain: Dual Stain = Blue/Purple over Teal
- Tuners: Gotoh 510, Chrome
- Nut/Saddle: Custom, Black Graphite with Micarta Saddle
- Bridge Pins: Custom, Bone Bridge Pins
- Pins: Yes - Match Tuners
- TRC: Ebony
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Case: Brown, 300-114
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92611
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device