Brilliant And Beautiful - The Taylor Custom Grand Auditorium Venetian Cutaway Acoustic With East Indian Rosewood Body And A Sinker Redwood Top
This is a very special Grand Auditorium build that has a uniquely attractive vibe. Tonally, the redwood top favors the warm overtones of cedar with a little extra brightness and headroom, and it's back and sides of East Indian rosewood offer the player sweeping frequency range and strength at both ends of the tonal spectrum. Its deep lows like a throaty growl; it's treble notes ring out. This model offers comfortable ergonomic contours that include a beveled armrest and body edge treatment.
The beautiful sinker redwood for this model's top shows off a rich variegation within it's grain - the natural result of colors uniquely imparted from the silt and the mineral-rich waters in Northern California. These Sinker Redwood soundboards have been sliced from huge old-growth redwood logs reclaimed from the rivers of Northern California, where theyâ€™ve lain in the depths - in some cases for more than a century. The age and sheer size of these redwood trees translates into a tight grain with nice cross-grain stiffness, so it tends to a fairly bold response. There's that brilliance, but still nested within warmer overtones reminiscent to those of cedar. Redwood has been characterized by Taylor as the "cedar on steroids."
The Taylor ES pickup systems build seamlessly into the design of the guitar - an integrated pickup system unlike any other. From the design and location of both body and string sensors, to the voicing of the preamp, the ES is fully optimized for sound. Elegant design which includes the non-intrusive control knobs also preserves the inherent aesthetics of this acoustic instrument.
Taylor Custom #11095, Grand Auditorium With Venetian Cutaway
- Back/Sides: Indian Rosewood, AA
- Back Config.: 2-PC .200 backstrip
- Top: Custom, Redwood Top
- Wedge: Same as Wood Binding
- Neck: Mahogany
- Ph Veneer: Ebony
- Bracing: Custom, Right Handed
- Body Cutaway: Venetian Style
- Material: EbonyEbony FB binding and Heelcap
- Body: Standard
- Fretboard: Standard
- Peghead: No Peghead Binding
- Heel Cap: Standard
- Armrest: Beveled Armrest
- Material: Fiber
- Body-Top: B/W/B/W/W/B
- Body-Back: B/W/B
- Body-Sides: B/W/B
- Fretboard: None
- Peghead: None
- Back Strip: None
- Rosette: B/W/B (2150-0023 - 1 pc ) Cutter #16
- Soundhole: B/W/B (2150-0023 - 1/2 pc )
- Rosette: CustomNations #114 diamond, red CC ,ebony background
- Ph Logo: Taylor Mother of Pearl
- Fretboard: Custom Inlayold 600-Recon #114 turquoise with red color core
- Peghead: No Peghead Inlay
- Bridge: No Bridge Inlay
- Abalone Trim: No Abalone Trim
- Width: 1-3/4"
- Heel Length: Grand Auditorium = 3 1/2"
- Scale Length: Standard 25-1/2"
- Neck Profile: Standard Carve
- Peghead Type: Standard Peghead
- Backstrap: No Backstrap - No Backstrap Finish
- Back/Sides: Gloss
- Top: Gloss
- Neck: Satin
- Body Filler: Clear
- Neck Filler: Clear
- Peghead: Gloss
- Stain/Sunburst: Natural
- Tuners: Custom, Gotoh 510 - Black Chrome
- Nut/Saddle: Custom, Black Graphite with Micarta saddle
- Strings: Elixir Light Gauge PB Acoustic Strings:
- Bridge Pins: CustomBone Bridge Pins
- Pins: Strap Pin: End Pin
- Pickguard: No Pickguard
- TRC: Ebony Gloss
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Case: Brown, 300-114
Manufacturer: Taylor Guitars
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA92015
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device