Get the Moog You've Been Waiting for With the Moog ONE Tri-Timbral 8 Voice Analog Synthesizer
Moog One is the ultimate Moog synthesizer - a tri-timbral, polyphonic, analog dream-synth designed to inspire imagination, stimulate creativity, and unlock portals to vast new realms of sonic potential. The first polyphonic analog synthesizer from Moog in more than three decades, Moog One is the culmination of years of research and has been developed to exceed principal expectations of a polyphonic Moog instrument.
Available in 8-voice and 16-voice configurations, Moog One's polyphonic sound engine is built on the most powerful synthesizer architecture ever employed by a Moog instrument. Per voice, Moog One offers 3 newly-designed analog VCOs, 2 independent analog filters, a dual-source analog noise generator, analog mixer with external audio input, 4 LFOs, and 3 envelopes. To deliver an infinitely inspiring performance experience, each of the three timbres can be easily split or layered across Moog One's expressive 61-note keyboard, each with its own sequencer, arpeggiator, and onboard effects library--including a suite of professional reverbs from Eventide.
Secured in a hand-finished Ash cabinet and aluminum enclosure, Moog One's front panel is equipped with 73 knobs and 144 buttons, inviting physical connection with every sound shaping and performance control. Extended functionality is easily accessed via a per-module "More" button that brings additional parameters into focus using the Moog One center-panel LCD to ensure the most transparent and expedient sound creation experience possible.
Moog One is an unprecedented conduit for the expression of your own creative voice. Sculpt, shape, and transform your own sound with nearly infinite possibilities.
Triangle Core Oscillators
Each Moog One voice employs three newly developed triangle core analog VCOs. The output of each oscillator is a user-defined mix of the selectable triangle/sawtooth wave, plus a variable-width pulse wave. Expanding beyond traditional oscillator designs, the rise/fall time of the triangle wave and the reset phase of the sawtooth wave can be shaped and modulated to create a rich palette of classic analog tones. Blending the tri/saw and pulse waves together opens new dimensions of harmonic freedom, creating complex waveforms not typically found in analog synthesizers. The Moog One oscillator section is also equipped with hard sync, analog ring modulation, and FM for boundless analog sound generation.
Dual Source Noise Generator
Each Moog One voice includes an advanced dual-source analog noise generator that allows different colors of noise to be selected and mixed, while and dynamically articulated utilizing the dedicated noise envelope generator. This unique module is a powerful tool for adding percussive attacks, breath, or full-body impact to a sound.
Moog One offers a flexible analog mixer, providing volume controls and filter routing selections for each oscillator, noise generator, ring modulator, and external audio input -- sound sources can be shaped by different filters independently, or at the same time.
Ladder and State Variable Filters
There are two types of analog filters in Moog One. The first is a newly-designed multimode State Variable Filter that brings razor-like precision and articulation to the instrument. The second is a classic Moog Ladder filter with selectable low pass / high pass behavior. These two filters can process sounds individually or together, in series or parallel operation, to access a vibrant spectrum of classic, obscure, and completely new filter sounds.
Cyclical motion within Moog One is generated by 4 wide-range LFOs that can be assigned to nearly any destination. Capabilities include MIDI synchronization and clock division, start delay time, number of repeats per instance, fade in and out time, and much more.
Dynamic sound shaping within Moog One comes via its 3 assignable DAHDSR Envelopes (Delay, Attack, Hold, Decay, Sustain, Release). In addition to looping, synchronization, and time scaling capabilities, the character of each envelope can be user-sculpted through the utilization of per-stage envelope curves.
Easily create modulation assignments from any of Moog One's 4 LFOs and 3 EGs by pressing their corresponding Destination Button - the next knob touched sets the modulation path and amount. For more complex modulation options, Moog One also employs an internal Modulation Matrix with visual access to every possible combination of the instrument's extensive synthesis and controller components.
Synth Effects, Master Bus Effects, and Eventide Reverbs
Moog One features a growing library of programmable per-synth effects and master bus effects that include chorus, delay, phase, bit reduction, vocoding, and a suite of premium reverbs from Eventide including Blackhole, Shimmer, Plate, Room, and Hall. Effects can be applied in two ways: as Synth Effects and Master Bus Effects. Synth Effects are applied to individual layers of timbrality, while Master Bus Effects can be applied via sends to all three synthesizers. Though its onboard effects are digital, Moog One retains a completely analog signal path with no in-line conversion when insert effects are off.
Tri-Timbrality and Unison Mode
Comprised of three independently addressable analog polysynths, the tri-timbral Moog One design allows voices to be easily assigned, split, layered, or stacked with up to 48 oscillators in Unison Mode.
- Polyphonic, Tri-timbral Analog Synthesizer
- Analog (Digital Effects can be bypassed to maintain analog signal path)
- 8 voices
- 61 Full-size keys with Velocity and Aftertouch (Fatar TP-8S)
- Pitch Wheel
- Modulation Wheel
- X/Y Pad (with pressure-sensing and hold)
- Sustain Pedal input
- EXP 1 pedal input
- EXP 2 pedal input
- All pedal functions are assignable
- 73 knobs and 144 buttons; LCD screen
- Selectable Sawtooth wave with variable reset time
- Triangle wave with variable rise and fall times
- Variable-width Pulse wave
- Octave (32', 16', 8', 4', 2')
- Frequency (+/- 7 semitones)
- Beat Frequency (+/- 7Hz)
- Wave Angle (Triangle and Saw)
- Pulse Width
- Mix (blends the selected Triangle or Saw wave with the Pulse wave)
- FM routing and amount
- Hard Sync
- Selectable routing (1-2 or 2-3)
Dual Source Noise Generator
- Selectable sources (Red+White, Red+Purple, and White+Purple) with Color Mix and dedicated ARS envelope
- Independent levels and filter routing for OSC 1, OSC 2, OSC 3, RING MOD, NOISE, and EXT in.
- State-Variable Filter
- Ladder Filter (Mixable, Parallel or Series operation)
- Two 12dB per octave filters operating as one filter
- configurable in NOTCH, BP, LP, and HP
- 12dB or 24dB slopes
- Cutoff, Resonance, etc.
- Moog Ladder Filter with HP or LP options
- selectable filter slopes (6db, 12db, 18dB, or 24dB)
- Cutoff, Resonance, etc.
- variable curves per stage
- Multi-triggering, looping, latching, and sync
- Dual-waveform categories with variable shapes (Triangle to Sine, variable-width Pulse, Saw to Ramp, S and H to Noise)
- assignable and variable transitions
- fade-in/fade-out times
- repeat count, phase start, etc.
- Selectable glide type (LCR, LCT, EXP)
- Gated glide
- Legato glide
- Per SYNTH with octave range, pattern, direction, pendulum features, gate time, sync, etc.
- 64-Step per-SYNTH sequencer with step-editing and modulation capabilities
- Dedicated in-line effect for SYNTH 1, SYNTH 2, and SYNTH 3 (When disengaged, the signal path is 100% analog)
- Dual mono sends with stereo return, or single stereo send with stereo return. (Accessible by all three SYNTHS - Eventide Reverbs are available on the Master Bus only)
- Stores tens of thousands of PRESETS and TIMBRES with definable Categories, Tags and Labels to aid search results
- TIMBRES can be loaded to and played by any SYNTH
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.