Get The Tone, Feel, And Realtime Workflow Of Classic Analog Recording - The Universal Audio Apollo 8 Interface w/UAD-2 QUAD Processing
Apollo 8 is the world“óËé¼Ëäós most acclaimed professional recording interface for Mac and Windows, giving project and commercial studios superior A/D and D/A conversion with the tone, feel, and realtime workflow of classic analog recording.
Built upon UA“óËé¼Ëäós 60-year heritage of audio craftsmanship, Apollo 8 distinguishes itself with four Unison“óËÇ-u000f’ó-enabled mic preamps, UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core processing, and an included bundle of award-winning UAD plug-ins - which you can track through with near-zero latency, shaping sounds like a classic analog studio - without taxing your host Mac or PC.
UNISON TECHNOLOGY: THE GENUINE SOUND OF NEVE, SSL, API & MANLEY PREAMPS
Apollo 8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, SSL, API, Manley, and Universal Audio. An Apollo exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage “óËé¼•ôsweet spots,“óËé¼’¥ and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
The secret to Unison is its hardware-software integration between Apollo“óËé¼Ëäós mic preamps and its onboard UAD-2 QUAD or DUO Core DSP Acceleration. Simply place a Unison preamp plug-in on your mic input, and tap into the classic sounds of the world“óËé¼Ëäós most recorded mic preamps.
A FULL SUITE OF CLASSIC ANALOG PROCESSING ONBOARD
Right out of the box, Apollo 8 provides a suite of incredible analog emulation plug-ins including the world“óËé¼Ëäós only authentic Teletronix LA-2A, 1176LN, and Fairchild compressors, the legendary Pultec EQs, and the Unison-enabled UA 610-B Tube Preamp. Developed by UA“óËé¼Ëäós world-renowned team of algorithm engineers, these Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins set the standard by which all other hardware emulation plug-ins are judged.
From the tube warmth of the Pultec EQ on guitars, to the gentle limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine Fairchild 670 compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward in rich, sonically complex analog sound.
Beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics plug-ins, you can tap into the full library award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins - including vintage EQs, Compressors, Reverbs, Tape Machines and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software“óËé¼Ëäós buffer size and without taxing your computer“óËé¼Ëäós CPU.
With exclusive emulations from Neve, Studer, Manley, API, Ampex, Lexicon, Fender, and more,“óËé¼’á it“óËé¼Ëäós like having an endless analog studio, in a single rack space. And unlike competing interfaces, these DSP-powered plug-ins are also available in your DAW for mixing.
NEXT-GENERATION A/D AND D/A CONVERSION
Of course, the heart of any audio interface is the quality of its conversion. In designing the next-generation Apollo range, UA engineers started with an obsessive auditioning of the latest A/D and D/A converters, ultimately pairing the selected 24-bit/192kHz converters with all-new analog circuitry for the optimal signal path. Apollo 8 provides increased dynamic range and lower THD versus other interfaces - rivaling dedicated converters costing thousands more.
APOLLO: THE CHOICE OF NEW-SCHOOL PROFESSIONALS
Apollo is the confirmed choice of hit-making professionals, used to record records by Kendrick Lamar (To Pimp A Butterfly), Coldplay (A Head Full of Dreams), Dr. Dre (Compton), Brad Paisley (Wheelhouse), and many more. The Apollo range of interfaces has earned numerous industry awards from Sound on Sound, Future Music and Electronic Musician - as well as the prestigious 2016 TEC Award for computer audio hardware.
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt Audio Interface For Mac And Windows With Powerful Console Software Application
- 4 Unison-Enabled Mic Preamps For Recording Through Exacting Preamp Emulations From Neve, Api, Manley, And Universal Audio
- Built-In UAD-2 QUAD Core Allows Realtime UAD Processing - Tracking Through DSP-Assisted UAD Plug-Ins With Near-Zero Latency, Without Draining CPU
- Includes ----"Realtime Analog Classics Plus----" UAD Plug-In Bundle Featuring Authentic La-2A, 1176, And Fairchild Compressors, Pultec EQs, UA 610-B Tube Preamp And EQ, Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp, Ampeg SVT-Vr Classic Bass Amp, And More
- Next-Generation 24-Bit/192 Khz Apollo A/D And D/A Conversion As Heard On Hundreds Of Hit Records
- Cascade Up To 4 Apollo Interfaces And 6 UAD Devices Total Over Thunderbolt
- Convenient Front Panel Monitoring Functions Including Alt Speakers, And Assignable Dim Or Mono
- World-Class UA Analog Design, Superior Components, And Premium Build Quality
- Free Industry-Leading Technical Support - On The Phone And Online - From Knowledgeable Audio Engineers
THUNDERBOLT SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - UAD POWERED PLUG-INS VERSION 9.5.2
- Apple Mac Computer With Available Thunderbolt Port
- Mac Os 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, Or 10.12 Sierra
- PC Computer With Built-In Thunderbolt 3 Via USB-C Port
- Windows 10 W/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 To Thunderbolt Adapter (Sold Separately)
- Thunderbolt Cable (Sold Separately)
- 6 Gigabytes Available Storage
- Internet Connection To Download Software And Authorize UAD Plug-Ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAs, Or AAX 64 Plug-In Host DAW Software
- Quad Core I7 Or Better Processor Recommended
- For Additional Compatibility Information, Visit help.uaudio.com
Manufacturer: Univeral Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details