Get Industry Famed Cutting Edge Performance And Clarity With The Universal Audio Apollo x8 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface
ELITE AUDIO CONVERSION WITH FOUR UNISON MIC PREAMPS, NEW HEXA CORE PROCESSING AND SURROUND SOUND MONITORING
Apollo x8 allows music producers, project, and post-production studios to track, overdub, and mix with new world-beating A/D and D/A conversion, HEXA Core UAD plug-in processing, Dual Crystal Clocking, and 7.1 surround sound monitoring - all in a sleek rackmount Thunderbolt 3 audio interface for Mac or PC.
- Experience elite-class A/D and D/A conversion nearing the widest dynamic range and lowest signal to noise available - at any price
- Track and mix with powerful HEXA Core processing, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running more award-winning UAD Powered Plug-Ins in real-time
- Record with near-zero latency through preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Fender, and more* using Unison technology
- Easily connect to pro-level studio gear with switchable +24 / +20 dBu headroom settings
- Work in surround formats up to 7.1, complete with speaker calibration and fold-down
- Integrated talkback and built-in cues for easy communication and slating takes
REALTIME UAD HEXA CORE PROCESSING
Apollo x8 features new HEXA Core processing, with six DSP chips and 50% more UAD plug-in processing power than previous Apollos. This lets you run more UAD plug-ins, whether you're tracking in real time with channel strips from Neve, Manley, or API or running high UAD plug-in counts when mixing in your DAW.
From the tube warmth of Pultec EQs on guitars to the musical tube limiting of the LA-2A on vocals, or the pump of a genuine 1176 or Fairchild 670 tube compressor on drums, your recordings will take a giant leap forward with a rich, three-dimensional analog sound that UAD plug-ins provide.
REALTIME UAD HEXA CORE PROCESSING
Perfect for musicians, engineers, producers, and sound designers, Apollo x8 features four Unison-enabled mic preamps, letting you track through exacting mic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and Universal Audio.* A Universal Audio exclusive, Unison technology nails the tone of these sought-after tube and solid state mic pres - including their input impedance, gain stage sweet spots, and the component-level circuit behaviors of the original hardware.
ACCESS THE WORLD OF UAD POWERED PLUG-INS
Going beyond the included Realtime Analog Classics Plus plug-ins, Apollo x8 lets you tap into the full UAD Powered Plug-In library of name-brand vintage EQs, compressors, reverbs, tape machines, channel strips, and more - at near-zero latency, regardless of your audio software's buffer size and without taxing your computer's CPU.
BUILD A NETWORKED STUDIO SYSTEM OVER THUNDERBOLT
Apollo x8 offers 18 x 24 simultaneous inputs/outputs (8 x 14 analog I/O) and two built-in Thunderbolt 3 ports, which are backwards-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 Macs via adapter (sold separately). This allows users of any Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo Twin or Apollo rackmount audio interfaces to easily combine up to four Apollos and six total UAD-2 devices - adding fast, high-bandwidth I/O and DSP as your studio grows.
- 18 x 24 Thunderbolt 3 audio interface with class-leading 24-bit/192 kHz conversion
- Realtime UAD HEXA Core Processing for tracking through UAD plug-ins at near-zero latency, regardless of audio buffer size
- Record through 4 Unison-enabled mic/line preamps - giving you fully authentic preamp emulations from Neve, API, Manley, SSL, and more
- Dual Crystal clocking for a low-jitter environment, resulting in pure, artifact-free recordings and solid stereo imaging
- Surround monitor controller up to 7.1 format
- Includes "Realtime Analog Classics Plus" UAD plug-in bundle featuring UA 610-B Tube Preamp; Legacy Pultec EQ, LA-2A, and 1176 compressors; Marshall Plexi Classic; Ampeg SVT-VR Classic, and more
- UAD HEXA Core processing onboard for additional mixing horsepower for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Ableton, and other major DAWs
- Combine up to 4 Thunderbolt-equipped Apollos and 6 total UAD devices; backward-compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 via an optional adapter
- Selectable +24 dBu operation for easy compatibility with professional mixing consoles and tape machines
- Convenient front panel monitoring functions including Alt Speakers, Talkback mic, and assignable Dim or Mono
- Uncompromising UA analog design, superior components, and premium build quality
- Free, industry-leading technical support - on the phone and online - from knowledgeable audio engineers
INCLUDED IN THE REALTIME ANALOG CLASSICS PLUS BUNDLE:
- UA 610-B Tube Preamp & EQ
- Marshall Plexi Classic Guitar Amp
- Ampeg SVT-VR Classic Bass Amp
- UA 1176LN Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- UA 1176SE Limiting Amplifier (Legacy)
- Pultec EQP-1A EQ (Legacy)
- Pultec Pro EQ (Legacy)
- Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier (Legacy)
- Fairchild 670 Compressor (Legacy)
- Precision Enhancer Hz
- Raw Distortion
- Precision Channel Strip (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Reflection Engine (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- Precision Delay Mod L (Precision Mix Rack Collection)
- RealVerb Pro Custom Room Modeler
Manufacturer: Univeral Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details