Get The Rich Analog Sound Of UAD Plug-Ins Over Thunderbolt - The Universal Audio UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt OCTO Core
The UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt DSP Accelerator is a sleek, powerful way for Thunderbolt-equipped Mac and Windows 10 users to supercharge their systems and run larger mixes filled with acclaimed UAD plug-ins. This convenient desktop unit gives you full access to UA's award-winning plug-in library, including exclusive titles from Studer, Lexicon, Neve, and more.
With improved performance and reduced plug-in latency versus FireWire, UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt makes the perfect introduction to UAD plug-ins, or ideal DSP expander for Apollo audio interfaces.
UAD: THE INDUSTRY'S MOST RESPECTED COLLECTION OF AUDIO PLUG-INS
From serious home recordists to multi-platinum mix engineers, UAD Powered Plug-Ins have been winning over audio professionals for more than 10 years. The reason is simple. No other plug-ins so faithfully capture the sound and behavior of classic analog equipment - from rare compressors and equalizers to vintage reverb processors and tape machines.
The UAD library features over 90 plug-ins, co-developed with the biggest brands in audio. These plug-ins can be purchased with UAD-2 hardware from retailers as part of bundled packages, or you can buy UAD plug-ins a la carte from UA's Online Store.
EXPANDABLE PROCESSING POWER, FROM QUAD TO OCTO
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt is available in QUAD or OCTO models with either four or eight SHARC processors, respectively. It can also be integrated alongside UAD-2 PCIe DSP Accelerator cards and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces, including Apollo Twin, DUO, QUAD, and 16 for truly scalable mixing power.
SELECT FROM CORE, CUSTOM, AND ULTIMATE 5 SOFTWARE PACKAGES
UAD-2 Core packages include the Analog Classics Plus plug-in bundle, while Custom packages include the Analog Classics Plus bundle, plus a choice of any three individual UAD plug-ins at registration. The Ultimate 5 is UA's flagship package, and includes all 89 UA-developed plug-ins up to and including UAD software 9.0.*
UAD PLUG-IN CRAFTSMANSHIP: THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE SCENES
In developing UAD plug-ins, UA's engineering group undertakes a thorough physical modeling of classic audio hardware - rebuilding vintage analog gear in the digital world, component by component. That's how UAD plug-ins replicate the exact, sometimes quirky, the behavior of analog hardware - bringing its rich, three-dimensional sound and harmonics "in the box."
- Run UAD Powered Plug-Ins via Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 connection on Mac and Windows 10
- 4 (QUAD) or 8 (OCTO) SHARC processors provide a massive DSP boost for running large professional mixes
- Access over 90 plug-ins from Ampex, Lexicon, Marshall, Studer, Neve, Manley, SSL, EMT, Empirical Labs, MXR and more
- Includes Analog Classics Plus bundle featuring Legacy editions of LA-2A Classic Audio Leveler, 1176 Classic Limiting Amplifiers, Pultec EQP-1A, Pultec Pro, and Fairchild 670 plug-ins, plus 610-B Tube Preamp, and more
- Compatible with Pro Tools, Logic Pro, Cubase, Live, and more
- Take UAD plug-ins “on the road” for mixing on Thunderbolt-equipped Macs
- Combine with other UAD-2 devices, including additional UAD-2 PCIe card(s) and Thunderbolt-equipped Apollo interfaces
- Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports for convenient daisy-chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals
- Also available in Custom, and Ultimate software packages, featuring a range of additional plug-ins
- Fan-less Thunderbolt 2 external enclosure w/ external power supply
- Desktop dimensions: 7" wide x 6 3/4" long x 1 3/4" high (weight: 2.24 lbs)
- 4 or 8 Analog Devices SHARC floating-point processors
- Compatible with VST, RTAS, Audio Units, and AAX 64 plug-in formats
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, and 192 kHz sample rate support
- 14-day full function demo for all plug-ins; try before you buy
- Thunderbolt System Requirements
- UAD Powered Plug-Ins Version 9.0
MAC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Apple Mac computer with available Thunderbolt port
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan, or 10.12 Sierra
WINDOWS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- PC computer with built-in Thunderbolt 3 via USB-C port
- Windows 10 w/Anniversary Update (64-Bit Edition)
- Qualified Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter (sold separately)
GENERAL SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
- Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- 6 gigabytes available storage
- Internet connection to download software and authorize UAD plug-ins
- Compatible VST, Audio Units, RTAS, or AAX 64 plug-in host DAW software
- Quad Core i7 or better processor recommended
Manufacturer: Univeral Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details