*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Best Of Both Worlds With The Waldorf Quantum Digital/Analog Hybrid Synthesizer
Waldorf is proud to announce a new chapter in their tradition of designing high-end ground-breaking synthesizers. Starting with Waldorf's famous wavetable technology developed decades ago, it was always a challenge to give their instruments a powerful flexible beating heart. Waldorf's digital oscillators coupled with the enormous power and efficient simplicity of their analog filters started the digital revolution back in the '80s. Quantum combines the raw power of a classic digital and analog hybrid synthesizer, with futuristic sounds that are only possible today's software synthesizers.
The flexibility emanating from Quantum's powerful oscillators and their interaction with one another is simply breath-taking. Never before has it ever been possible to create such a wide sonic bandwidth with one synthesizer. Stretching from classic analog, with precise sample playback, through to harsh or animated digital sounds, escalating all the way up to sound and sequence clusters, that can only be achieved with a modular synthesizer system.
Quantum's beautiful ergonomic and intuitive user panel supports an artist's workflow with a previously unknown elegance. The carefully crafted array of aluminum knobs and encoders surround an ultra hi-resolution multi-touch display. Waldorf engineers spent many long hours perfecting the interaction between the display and the physical control elements. The stunning display is a highly flexible extension of the tactile experience and is light-years ahead of any synthesizer currently on the market today.
To help understand functional correlations between one knob and another, each control knob is individually illuminated by a multi-color LED. This makes it instantly obvious when viewing complex settings and modulation settings, where related parameters can be adjusted quickly and efficiently. With the help once again of the gorgeous central display, precise settings can be handled with ease, much the same as the experience when using your cutting edge computer tablet.
When the Waldorf engineers decided to develop Quantum, little did they realize it would take several years of painstaking work. There were areas of Quantum that Waldorf's years of experience with sound generation were brought to the fore. But Quantum is so powerful it took their team into uncharted territory, involving both sound and the way it was felt the musician would interact with it.
Quantum was designed and developed by Waldorf's dedicated team in Germany. All essential components have been designed, manufactured, and assembled here in Germany. This has allowed Waldorf to manufacture Quantum with an unparalleled build quality. Waldorf would also like to take this opportunity to thank a world-class array of sound designers that have contributed to a multi-faceted factory sound set.
- Digital-Analog Polyphonic Synthesizer
- 61 Keys high-quality Fatar TP8S keybed
- 8 voices
- Dual timbral: split or layered mode with separate stereo audio outputs
- 3 stereo digital oscillators each capable of four synthesis algorithms
- Wavetable: Waldorf style with latest additions from Nave including speech synthesis, wavetable generation from audio and new features
- Waveform: Waveform with up to 8 simultaneous waves per Oscillator in detuned or chordal mode with hard-sync, warp and PWM as well as tunable noise
- Particle: Sampler in traditional and granular mode using multi-samples or live input
- Resonator: Exciter using multi-sampling plus filter bank sound model.
- Two analog lowpass filters per voice each in 24 or 12 dB configuration using innovative link modes
- Digital former: Additional digital algorithms per voice like comb filter, high-pass, band-pass and notch filters (Nave, Largo or PPG models), bit-crusher, drive and more
- Flexible routing system for order of analog filters and digital former and individual oscillator routings
- 6 LFOs in poly and global mode with an extensive parameter set
- 6 loopable envelopes
- Komplex: multistage LFO/envelope modulator
- Extensive modulation matrix with 40 slots and easy via-controller assignments
- Intuitive modulation assignment via panel elements and control LEDs
- Master effect rack of 5 slots for each timbre choosing from FX like phaser, flanger, chorus, reverb, drive, eq, and more.
- Compressor for main output
- Step sequencer with step recording, parameter automation, and scale-based pitch quantization
- Microtonal pitch configurations capable of importing Skala scl files
- Capable of polyphonic aftertouch via external MIDI inputs
- Chord and latch buttons
- Unisono mode
- Module-based preset system for effects, oscillators, step-sequencer, and Komplex modulator
- Single-function potentiometer and encoder controls for intuitive editing
- Visualization and deeper sound editing via context-sensitive high-resolution capacitive multi-touch display
- Spectrum Analyzer and Oscilloscope at various processing stages
- Up to 10,000 sound patch capacity organized by banks, attributes, author, and patch number.
- Favorites lists for quick recall of sound patches like for set-lists etc.
- Pre-loaded with a wide variety of patches by acclaimed sound designers like Howard Scarr
- MIDI output of local keyboard, wheels and assignable panel elements
- Automation of sound parameters from MIDI inputs via MIDI CC learn function
- Recording of samples from audio inputs or self-recording of audio outputs
- 4 GB internal Flash memory for presets, samples and wavetables
- Pre-loaded with more than 1 GB sample data
- Export and import of presets, sample and wavetable via SD card
- Import of Nave presets
- Mod wheel can be assigned to any parameter which can be modulated in the matrix or via quick assign
- Pitch wheel can be assigned to each oscillator individually
Each of the 3 Oscillators of a single timbre can be used in one of three modes using samples:
- Stereo Multi-Sampler with looping
- Granular Sampler with an extensive parameter set
- Resonator model using sampler as exciter
Samples are organized using key and velocity maps, selections rules like round-robin, random, etc., and individual pitch, gain and pan settings. Samples are stored in internal Flash memory of about 2GB capacity, pre-filled with over 1GB specially made for Quantum factory samples. New samples can be recorded from external stereo audio inputs, or from self-recording Quantum's own engine. Samples can also be imported and stored to internal Flash via SD card using the WAV file format (44.1kHz sample rate). The Quantum allows for a huge range of sample-based sound design capabilities from classical synths sounds to uncharted territories. It's worth noting that the sample used in the Quantum is always within a synthesizer's sonic context, and it is not meant to work as a "bread and butter" sample keyboard to playback like traditional sampling instruments nor third party libraries.
Huge Range of Arpeggiator Parameters
- 7 Algorithms to choose from like up, down, random, etc.
- Octave range
- 7 Sort Orders
- 3 Velocity Modes
- Gate length
- Beat Division
- Rhythmic patterns
- Reset Modes
- Keyboard Latch chordal and non-chordal
If that's not enough, individual patterns can be created in the step-sequencer including transpositions and scale quantizations.
- 2x stereo audio out for main and aux timbres
- Stereo audio input for sample recording and real-time processing
- High-Quality 24bit A/D and D/A converters
- Headphone out with separate level adjustment
- Sustain pedal input
- Control pedal connector also capable of CV input (0-5V sensitivity)
- USB host type A connector for interfacing MIDI controller
- USB device type B connector for interfacing computer or other class-compliant MIDI USB hosts like iOS devices)
- SD Card for sample/preset exchange and software updates
- DIN MIDI In, Out and Thru
- Integrated power supply unit
- Supply Voltage: 100-240 V AC / 47-63 Hz
- Maximum current consumption: 1.3A
- Maximum power consumption: 50 W
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.