Get Specs And Sound Features That Re-Create The Classic Mic, Re-Introducing The Warm Tone You've Been Missing - TheÂ Warm Audio WA-87 Condenser Microphone
The classic â€˜87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in pop recording history. Â Rather than base our WA-87 circuit on current incarnations of this mic, we decided to closely follow the early circuit designs that date back nearly half a century. Â As is true with many classic microphones, engineers who have worked with different versions of these microphones often prefer the warmer, more forgiving nature of the earlier commercially available models. Â The desire to re-introduce the warm tone of this classic mic at an affordable price to an all new generation of recording artists was the inspiration behind the WA-87.
QUALITY COMPONENTS MAKE A BETTER MIC
The WA-87 features all discrete, premium components such as Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, and WIMA film capacitors, and is rounded off with a Cinemag USA output transformer. Â The WA-87 proudly uses our own Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the classic K-87 dual backplate/dual diaphragm capsule, as found in early â€˜87 mics. Â
IT ALL STARTS WITH THE MICROPHONE
The importance of a good microphone cannot be overstated; but unfortunately, finding a truly great microphone within a budget has always been a challenge for aspiring engineers. There are very usable microphones available for those on a budget; but top shelf, classic studio microphones have simply been out of reach for most people. Â We applied all that we know about bridging this barrier into crafting a microphone that reaches the level of quality and sonics mostly found only in top shelf products, yet sells for a price that is down to earth. Â
- The classic ‘87 is arguably the most widely-used large diaphragm condenser microphone in pop recording history.
- Closely follows the early circuit designs that date back nearly half a century.
- All discrete, premium components such as Fairchild FETs, tantalum, polystyrene, and WIMA film capacitors.
- Cinemag USA output transformer.
- Lens Kondensator custom reproduction of the classic K-87 dual backplate/dual diaphragm capsule, as found in early ‘87 mics.
- Reaches the level of quality and sonics mostly found only in top shelf products, yet sells for a price that is down to earth.
- Microphone includes shock mount, hard mount and wood box.
- Microphone type: condenser
- Polar patterns: cardioid, figure of eight, and omnidirectional
- Capsule: LK-87-B-50V reproduction of classic dual backplate (four wire termination) K87 capsule
- Output Transformer: CineMag USA
- Diaphragm: 6 micron thickness, 1 inch diameter, gold sputtered membrane
- Frequency Response: 20hz - 20khz
- SPL: .5% THD at 120db (without pad) or 130db (with pad)
- Pad: -10db
- Output: 150 ohms, 24k gold plated, 3 pin XLR (pin 1 = gnd, pin 2 = +, pin 3 = -)
- High Pass Filter: 80hz
- Noise: 15db self noise, 80db s/n ratio
- Color: nickel (painted)
Manufacturer: Warm Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA81993