Get A Comfortable Playing Classical Acoustic On A Budget With The Yamaha CG142SH Classical Guitar
The CG series are created using the experience and technology gained from decades of hand crafting fine classical guitars. The series offers ten models divided into five grades making it easy to find a guitar that fits your sound and design requirements. The CG series offers rich tone with improved volume, tone quality and response, superior playability with its easy to hold neck design and comfortable string height, and elegant appearance with its simple design.
The Yamaha CG142SH is extremely affordable and will give you years of satisfaction. This model produces the kind of warm and clear tone that you'd expect from a much more expensive guitar, Also, you can feel the superb playability with the lower string action.
- The new CG series features a new bracing pattern that delivers excellent response and rich resonance. These guitars also feature a bridge plate that efficiently transfers string vibration to the guitar top.
- All models in the new CG series lineup are available with either a spruce or cedar top. You can choose the top according to your preferences for tone or wood texture.
- Spruce: Clear fundamental tone. Massive tone with great variation according to touch. Tone improves as the wood matures.
- Cedar: Bright, warm tone. Excellent response with relatively thick treble. Cedar offers a mature tone with little change over time, providing a high level of perfection.
- Necks utilize a strong 3-ply laminate design that resists warping and twisting. This design improves neck strength, offers greater stability against shape changes over time, and allows lower string height. In addition to providing greater neck stability, the laminated design also makes effective use of resources.
- The matte finish on the back of the neck allows the left hand to move smoothly while also providing a secure grip. The finish is applied with a thin coat that contributes to improved resonance. The same matte finish is applied to the bridge for improved resonance.
- Years of experience and original technologies have brought improvements to our saddle and saddle slot design. Crafting these components with great precision provides a highly accurate fit that improves attack and sustain while reducing string vibration loss to transfer rich resonance to the body.
- Body Shape: Yamaha CG Shape
- Scale Length: 650 mm (25 9/16")
- Body Length: 490 mm (19 5/16")
- Total Length: 995 mm (39 3/16")
- Body Width: 370 mm (14 9/16")
- Body Depth: 94-100 mm (3 11/16" - 3 15/16")
- Nut Width: 52 mm (2 1/16")
- String Spacing: 11.8 mm
- Top Material: Solid Spruce
- Back Material: Nato
- Side Material: Nato
- Neck Material: Nato
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: Flat
- Bridge Material: Rosewood
- Nut Material: Urea
- Saddle Material: Urea
- Bridge Pins: None
- Tuners: Chrome (RM-1157N-50XA)
- Body Binding: Black + White
- Soundhole Inlay: Decal
- Pickguard: None
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Finish: Matte
- Electronics: None
- Controls: None
- Connections: None
- Accessories: None
- Case: None
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.