About The Yamaha YEP-642II Bb Compensating EuphoniumWorking together with world-renowned brass band conductor Bill Millar, our technical staff started with a clean slate creating numerous euphonium prototypes, redesigning each part and component until all agreed that the ideal brass band sound that we were seeking had been attained. This new euphonium delivers a tone that blends well with baritone and tenor horns. Powerful with excellent projection, it produces the tone color that soloists require in an instrument.
- Body Design - The instrument’s main tube utilizes a new design that maintains adequate resistance, delivers a powerful low range and focused high range, and improves dynamics over the instrument’s entire range. In addition to a matured and comfortable tone, this design offers accurate pitch while delivering greater musical expressiveness.
- Handrest - Changing the handrest position to allow for a more natural hold on the instrument simplifies fingering and offers smoother performance while playing demanding solo or ensemble passages.
- Key: Bb
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Bell Diameter: 300mm (11 4/5 inch)
- Bore Size: 15-16.8mm (0.591-0.661 inch)
- Height: 664mm
- Valves: 3 top and 1 side, compensating
- Finish: Clear Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: SL-51L
- Case: Included
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.