About The Yamaha YEP-642II Bb Compensating EuphoniumWorking together with world-renowned brass band conductor Bill Millar, our technical staff started with a clean slate creating numerous euphonium prototypes, redesigning each part and component until all agreed that the ideal brass band sound that we were seeking had been attained. This new euphonium delivers a tone that blends well with baritone and tenor horns. Powerful with excellent projection, it produces the tone color that soloists require in an instrument.
- Body Design - The instrument’s main tube utilizes a new design that maintains adequate resistance, delivers a powerful low range and focused high range, and improves dynamics over the instrument’s entire range. In addition to a matured and comfortable tone, this design offers accurate pitch while delivering greater musical expressiveness.
- Handrest - Changing the handrest position to allow for a more natural hold on the instrument simplifies fingering and offers smoother performance while playing demanding solo or ensemble passages.
- Key: Bb
- Body: Yellow Brass
- Bell Diameter: 300mm (11 4/5 inch)
- Bore Size: 15-16.8mm (0.591-0.661 inch)
- Height: 664mm
- Valves: 3 top and 1 side, compensating
- Finish: Clear Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: SL-51L
- Case: Included
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details