Get Pre-War Design With Modern Influences With a Yamaha YFG-821 Custom Bassoon
Yamaha Custom bassoons deliver a full rich sound which allows control of the most subtle tone shadings in delicate passages, while letting you open the sound up beyond traditional limits.
- Heckel System - Pre war design: The YFG-821 was designed for players who prefer a great degree of tonal flexibility. It is designed for soloists and others who desire maximum capability to adapt their sound quality to different performance situations.
- Contemporary Tone Hole and Bore Design: Advanced design techniques and skilled Yamaha engineers have resolved intonation problems and tone quality inconsistencies traditionally associated with bassoons. Yamaha has created a bassoon that allows the artist to control the most subtle tone shadings in the most delicate passages, while opening up the sound beyond traditional limits.
- Level Custom: "Pre-war" model
- Key of: C
- Key System: Heckel
- System G:entleman compact (YFG-821C)
- Wall Thickness: Thinner; larger bore
- Roller Keys: F & Ab ; Ab & F# ; low Eb & low C#
- Features: C plate; High C key; High D key; 2 bocals; Hand crutch; Neck strap
- Body Material: Long seasoned maple
- Key Material: Nickel silver
- Plating: Silver
- Tone Holes: Undercut; Silver tubes available
- Thumb Rest: Fixed
- Trill Keys: F-G (high E key); E-F#
- Spring Type: Blue steel
- Options: Bb key guard; Joint hinge; Balancer; RH pp slide system; A pp arm connecter
- Roller Options C# ; pp lock; F# lever; Bb key; E
- Trill Key: Options LH Eb ; RH Eb ; C; D
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.