Propel To A Whole New Level With Super-Low-Noise Mic Preamps, And A Time Code With Pinpoint Accuracy -Â Zoom F4 Multitrack 6-In/8-Track Field Recorder
Creators are making more waves in film than ever before. Thanks to affordable technology and distribution channels like YouTube, weâ€™re ushering in a new era of creativityâ€¦and itâ€™s only just begun.
The Zoom F4 propels your film's sound to a whole new level. With 6-input/8-track recording, super-low-noise mic preamps, and time code with pinpoint accuracy, the F4 offers Hollywood sound at an indie budget.
WE DIDN'T CHANGE THE INDUSTRY. YOU DID.
By putting high-quality sound front and center, you've changed how audiences experience film. That's why we created the Zoom F4. So professional quality sound is always within reach.
SUPER-LOW-NOISE MICROPHONE PREAMPS
The F4 is equipped with our highest-quality mic preamps. Like the F8, the F4â€™s mic preamps enable pristine recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Its impressive audio specs include an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB), with +4 dB line-level inputs.
TCXO TIME CODE
For precise audio/video syncing, the F4 utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy-a first for this price point. The F4 supports all standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig.
ADVANCED ONBOARD LIMITERSâ€¨
Advanced onboard limiters provide overload protection which lets you capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. Limiting can be applied to all four channels simultaneously at full resolution, with 10 dB of headroom and controls for setting threshold, attack, and release.
ROCK-SOLID BUILD AND LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN
A compact metal chassis makes the F4 both rugged and durable, and keeps its weight down to just 2.27 pounds without batteries.
RECORDING FEATURES MULTI-TRACK RECORDING
With four XLR/TRS combo inputs, a 3.5mm stereo input, and a Zoom mic capsule input, the F4 can record up to six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix track-all at resolutions up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only. This allows you to monitor audio being sent to the camera for confidence checks.
DUAL SD CARD RECORDING
A dual SD card recording feature lets you record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards* (up to 512 GB each). This means you can instantly back up or split recordings. For example, you can save eight tracks on one card and a stereo mix on another.
The F4 periodically saves files while recording, providing an extra level of protection from unexpected file interruptions like power loss or sudden SD card removal.
Dual-channel recording mode lets you create safety tracks for inputs 1 and 2, each with independent level, limiting, delay, phase inversion, and high-pass filtering.
Built-in shortcuts allow easy access to important menus and features. Hold the front panel OPTION button for access to TC Jam, Trim Link, Clear Clip and other important shortcuts.
THREE POWER SOURCESâ€¨
Power up your F4 with 8 AA batteries or an external DC battery pack with a converter cable connector. The F4 also includes a Zoom AD-19 power supply and a DC-HIROSE adapter which serves as a third power option.
ADD TWO ADDITIONAL MIC/LINE INPUTS
The F4 is outfitted with a 10-pin Zoom mic capsule input to expand your recording capabilities even furth
CURRENTLY SHIPPING WITH:
- Cubase LE8 for Mac OS X 10.9/10.10/10.11 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
- WaveLab LE9 for Mac OS X 10.10/10.11 and Windows 7/8/8.1/10
ZOOM F4 MULTITRACK FIELD RECORDER FEATURES AT A GLANCE:
- 6-input/8-track multitrack field recorder with integrated mixer
- 6 discrete inputs, including with 4 locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors, a stereo 3.5mm input, and Zoom mic capsule input Input 5/6 can be used as a camera return for monitoring only.
- Compact and lightweight metal chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High-quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain, less than -127 dBu EIN, and +4 dB line inputs
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording as well as 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz, and
- 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate time code (0.2 ppm) I/O on standard BNC connectors; drop frame/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with 4-pin HIROSE connector, and Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter with
- DHC-1 DC-HIROSE cable (included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- Phantom power (+48V/+24V) on every preamp
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Advanced onboard limiters for input and output
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with all Zoom mic capsules; optional ECM extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- Dual XLR balanced Main Outs plus 1/8" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Front panel OPTION button gives quick access to important shortcuts
- 1.9â€ white, backlit monochrome LCD
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in tripod mount; camera mount adapter also included
- Use as a 6-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- The F4 can also be mounted to a tripod and attached to your camera using the included mounting bracket.
*The F4 is does not have Bluetooth capabilities and is not compatible with the Zoom F8 iOS app.
Dual SD card slot supports:
- 16 MB–2 GB SD cards
- 4 GB–32 GB SDHC cards
- 64 GB–512 GB SDXC cards
- Connectors: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
INPUTS: XLR (MIC)
- Input gain: +10 – +75 dB
- Input impedance: 3.0 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level: +14 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
- Phantom power: +24/+48V 10mA maximum for each channel
INPUTS: TRS (LINE)
- Input gain: −10 – +55 dB
- Input impedance: 22 kΩ or more
- Maximum input level: +24 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
INPUTS: ADDITIONAL INFO
EQUIVALENT INPUT NOISE:
- −127 dBu or less
- (A-weighted, +75 dB input gain, 150Ω input)
- 10 Hz – 80 kHz +0.5 dB/−1.5 dB
- (192 kHz sampling rate)
- A/D dynamic range: 120 dB typ (−60 dBFS input, A-weighted)
- −90 dB or less
- (between adjacent channels, 1 kHz)
- ZOOM mic capsule input
- (use disables Inputs 5/6)
- Connectors: 3.5 mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
REFERENCE INPUT LEVEL:
- -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting),
- +4 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
- Input impedance: 10k Ω or more
MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL:
- -10 dBV (Level: -10 dBV setting)
- +24 dBu (Level: +4 dBu setting)
OUTPUTS: MAIN OUT 1/2
- Connectors: XLR balanced output (2: hot)
- Output impedance: 150 Ω or less
- Reference output level: −10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600Ω load
- Maximum output level: +10 dBV, 1 kHz, 600Ω load
OUTPUTS: SUB OUT 1/2
- Connector:3.5 mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
- Output impedance: 1k Ω or less
REFERENCE OUTPUT LEVEL:
- −10 dBV (Normal Output Type),
- −40 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10kΩ load
MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL:
- +10 dBV (Normal Output Type),
- −20 dBV (Mic Output Type), 1 kHz, 10kΩ load
- Connector: 1/4" unbalanced stereo output jack
- Output impedance: 15 Ω or less
MAXIMUM OUTPUT LEVEL:
- 100 mW + 100 mW
- (32Ω load)
D/A DYNAMIC RANGE:
- 106 dB typical (−60dBFS input, A-weighted)
RECORDING FORMATS: WHEN MP3 SELECTED
- 128/192/320 kbps, 44.1/48 kHz, ID3v1 tags
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
USING A 32 GB CARD:
Manufacturer: Zoom Corporation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details