OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Make History With Sound With The Zoom F8n Multi-Track Field Recorder
When developing the F8n, it was Zoom's mission to provide every sound professional with the tools to create something exceptional. With features such as Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters, Zoom AutoMix, and mic/line options for both XLR and TRS inputs, the F8n is the next generation of professional field recording.
Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters- The F8n is equipped with Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters that provide overload protec-tion no matter what comes your way. By adding a 1 millisecond delay, the limiters â€œlook aheadâ€ anticipating clipping before itâ€™s recorded. Limiting is applied to each of the 8 channels simulta-neously at full resolution, with 10 to 20 dB of headroom to ensure pristine audio on every take.
Mic Preamps- The F8n features a super-low noise floor (âˆ’127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB). Mic/line levels are selectable for both XLR and TRS inputs.
Zoom AutoMix- Meet your new assistant sound editor, the Zoom AutoMixâ„¢. This smart software automatically adjusts the levels of your mix to reduce the amount of ambient sound, so you can focus on what really matters â€“ capturing a well-balanced mix.
State-Of-The-Art Time Code- The F8n utilizes a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy, enabling rock-solid syncing of audio and video. When powered off, the F8n will maintain a 0.2 ppm accuracy. Time code I/O is provided on BNC connectors.
Simultaneous-Recording- The F8n can record to an SD card and your computer via USB simultaneously. And you can easily back up your files and stream live while recording.
Dual SD Card Recording- Record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards, up to 512 GB each, allowing for redundant recording.
Three Power Sources- A 4-pin Hirose connector allows the use of external 9-18 volt DC battery packs. Power can also be provided by 8 AA batteries or the AD-19 AC adapter included with your device. The F8n can switch power sources at a user-defined voltage level for uninterrupted recording.
Dual-Channel Recording- The F8nâ€™s dual-channel recording mode allows you to create safety tracks by doubling up the recordings from inputs 1-4 onto tracks 5-8. Tracks can be controlled independently, allowing you to customize each safety track with different gain, limiting, and more.
Pre-Record- The pre-record function allows you to capture up to 6 seconds of audio before you hit the RECORD button.
- 8-channel/10-track field audio recorder/mixer
- 8 discrete inputs with locking Neutrik XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Compact and lightweight aluminum chassis, weighing just 2 pounds (without batteries)
- High quality mic preamps with up to 75 dB gain and less than -127 dBu EIN
- Switchable +4dB inputs with mic/line options for both XLR and TRS
- Advanced Look-Ahead Hybrid Limiters
- Zoom AutoMix software
- Support for up to 24-bit/192 kHz recording and 44.1 kHz, plus 47.952 kHz/48.048 kHz for HD video compatibility; 16-/24-bit resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm when on and up to 0.2 ppm when powered off) I/O on standard BNC connectors; dropframe/non-drop formats with Jam Sync
- Three different power supply options: 8x AA batteries, external DC battery pack with Hirose connector, or 12V AC adapter (AAâ€™s and DC battery pack not included)
- Dedicated gain control knob, 6-segment LED level meter, and PFL/Solo switch for each channel
- High pass filter, phase invert, and Mid-Side decoder
- Input delay of up to 30 msec per channel / output delay of up to 10 frames per output
- Compatible with Zoom microphone capsules; optional extender cable enables remote positioning
- Dual mini-XLR (TA3) balanced Main Outs plus â…›" stereo mini-jack Sub Out
- Dedicated headphone output (100 mW) with front panel volume control
- 2.4" full-color backlit LCD with monochromatic mode
- Dedicated PFL display with viewable trim settings
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots, up to 512 GB each
- Records in BWF-compliant WAV or MP3 file formats
- Support for extensive metadata (BWF and iXML); input time, date, project, scene number, etc.
- Built-in slate mic/slate tone with front panel switch
- Use as an 8-in/4-out USB audio interface (@ 96 kHz)
- Free Zoom F8 Control App for iOS allows wireless remote control, file renaming, and metadata entry
Here's what comes included with the F8n...
- Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter
- Cubase LE and WaveLab LE download codes
- Operation manual
- Input 1-8 Connectors: XLR/TRS combo jacks (XLR: 2 hot, TRS: TIP hot)
Input Source Set To Mic:
- Input gain: +10 â€“ +75 dB
- Input impedance: 2 kÎ©
- Maximum input level: +14 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON)
- Phantom power: +24/+48V 10mA maximum for each channel
Input Source Set To Line:
- Input gain: -10 â€“ +55 dB
- Input impedance: 2.6 kÎ©
- Maximum input level: +24 dBu (at 0 dBFS, limiter ON) âˆ’127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75dB input gain, 150Î© input)
- Equivalent input noise: âˆ’127 dBu or less (A-weighted, +75dB input gain, 150Î© input)
- Frequency characteristics: 10 Hz â€“ 80 kHz +0.5dB/âˆ’1dB (192kHz sampling rate)
- A/D dynamic range: 120 dB typ (âˆ’60dBFS input, A-weighted)
- Crosstalk: âˆ’90 dB or less (between adjacent channels, 1kHz)
- MIC IN: ZOOM mic capsule input (use disables Inputs 1/2)
- SLATE MIC: Built-in mic for voice memos can be assigned to tracks freely
Main Out 1/2:
- Connectors: TA-3 connectors, balanced output (2: hot)
- Output impedance: 150 Î© or less
- Reference output level: âˆ’10 dBV (normal output level), +4 dBu (Output Level: Line), 1 kHz, 600Î© load
- Maximum output level:+10 dBV (normal output level), +24 dBu (Output Level: Line), 1 kHz, 600Î© load
Sub Out 1/2:
- Connector: 3.5mm stereo mini unbalanced output jack
- Output impedance: 100 Î© or less
- Reference output level: âˆ’10 dBV (normal output level), âˆ’40 dBV (mic output level), 1 kHz, 10kÎ© load
- Maximum output level: +10 dBV (normal output level), -20 dBV (mic output level), 1 kHz, 10kÎ© load
- Connector: 1/4" unbalanced stereo output jack
- Output impedance: 15 Î© or less
- Maximum output level: 100mW + 100mW (32Î© load)
- D/A dynamic range: 106 dB typ (âˆ’60dBFS input, A-weighted)
(With WAV Selected)
- Supported formats: 44.1/47.952/48/48.048/88.2/96/192kHz, 16/24-bit, mono/stereo//2-10ch poly, BWF and iXML
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 10 (8 inputs + stereo mix), 8 (at 192kHz sampling rate)
(With MP3 Selected)
- Supported formats: 128/192/320kbps, 44.1/48kHz, ID3v1 tags
- Maximum simultaneous recording tracks: 2
Recording Time (32GB Card)
- 30:51:00 (48kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)
- 7:42:00 (192kHz/24-bit stereo WAV)
- Connector: BNC
- Modes: Off, Int Free Run, Int Record Run, Int RTC Run, Ext, Ext Auto Rec (audio clock can be synchronized to timecode)
- Frame rates: 23.976ND, 24ND, 25ND, 29.97ND, 29.97D, 30ND, 30D
- Precision: Â±0.2 ppm
- Supported input levels: 0.2 â€“ 5.0 Vpp
- Input impedance: 4.6 kÎ©
- Output level: 3.3 Vpp
- Output impedance: 50 Î© or less
- Batteries: 8 AA
- AC adapter: AD-19 DC12V 2A (center plus)
- External DC power supply: HIROSE HR10A-7R-4S 4-pin connector (1 pin: âˆ’, 4 pin: +), 9â€“18V
- Power consumption: 15 W
External dimensions, Main unit: 7.0 in. (W) Ã— 5.5 in. (D) Ã— 2.1 in. (H) 178.2 mm (W) Ã— 140.3 mm (D) Ã— 54.3 mm (H)
Weight (main unit only): 2.2 pounds (1000 g)
Manufacturer: Zoom Corporation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA89303
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device