Get An Essential Piece Of Gear For Everyone Who Uses An F8 Or F4 Multitrack Field Recorder And Command Your Experience - The ZOOM FRC-8 F-Series Remote Controller
F-Control is a mixing control surface that gives filmmakers more power and flexibility when recording in the field. It works alongside the Zoom F8 and F4 to create a complete and professional on-location audio rig.
Maximize Your F8 and F4
F-Control works intuitively with the F8 and F4 to give you additional mastery over sound design and mixing, as well as broaden your creative possibilities. It connects to your field recorder with a single USB cable, so you can keep your setup clutter-free and be ready to record in seconds.
Recording Essentials at Your Fingertips
F-Control makes recording and mixing easy with nine 60 mm faders (eight + Master) and hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming. Monitoring channel and output levels is simple with 12-segment LED meters, three user-programmable buttons, and a dedicated time code button.
You can also organize recordings using the Track Scene edit buttons for metadata entry. F-Control gives you the option to connect an external USB keyboard so you can enter information for “Track Name”, “Scene Increment”, “Scene Name”, “Notes”, and “False Take.”
Connect Your Field Recording Gear
Connect your F8 or F4 to F-Control via one of two USB ports. The Keyboard USB port lets you connect an external keyboard so you can quickly enter metadata when you’re out in the field.
A 1/4” stereo cable connects the F8 or F4 phone out to F-Control’s phone in, so you can monitor audio via F-Control’s headphone jack.
Power Anywhere You Go
F-Control has two main power options: four AA batteries (for up to 10 hours of operation) and a 4-pin HIROSE connector with an external battery pack. An additional USB bus power option is available when using the F4 (not available with the F8).
Built For the Toughest Productions
Its metal chassis makes F-Control suitable for all production locations. Plus, the F-Control is small and light enough to fit into your gear bag or backpack, so you can take it on any shoot.
Take Charge of Your Creativity
F-Control takes sound recording and mixing to the next level. Its simple and hands-on design give you complete authority over your workflow, so you can fully focus on capturing great audio.
- 9 faders (eight + Master), each 60mm
- 1/4" Headphone jack
- USB port for external keyboard connection
- Hands-on input/output control for trim, pan, and track arming
- 12-segment LED meters for monitoring channel and output levels
- Dedicated time code buttons
- Track Scene edit buttons: Shortcut commands to Track Name, Scene Increment, Scene Name, Notes, and False Take screens
- Power options: 4 x AA batteries, 4-pin HIROSE connector with external battery pack, and USB bus power via the F4 (not available with the F8)
- Durable metal chassis
- Compatible with Zoom F8 and F4 MultiTrack Field Recorders
- AA size (LR6) battery x 4
- External DC power supply 9–16 V
Battery Operation Time: <When using 8 channels at once, LED Brightness=60, without keyboard>
- Alkaline batteries: 8.5 hours or more
- NiMH (2450mAh): 9 hours or more
- Lithium batteries: 16.5 hours or more
- TO F Series: USB (Type A)
- Keyboard: USB (Type A)
- From F-Series Headphone: 1/4" unbalanced stereo phone
- Headphone: 1/4" unbalanced stereo phone
- 9-16V DC IN: HIROSE HR10A-7R-4S 4-pin connector (1 pin: −, 4 pin: +)
Power Consumption: 2.5 W
Dimensions: 9.6 in (W) x 7.11 in (D) x 1.8 in (H)
Weight: 2.16 lbs (without batteries)
Here’s what’s included with the F-Control
- 1.5m stereo cable
- 1.5m USB cable
- 4 x AA batteries
Manufacturer: Zoom Corporation
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA82281