*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Unlimited Creativity with the Zoom H4n Pro All Black 4-Track Portable Recorder
Advanced X/Y microphones, incredibly natural-sounding preamps, and built-in cutting-edge effects make the H4n Pro the ultimate portable 4 track recorder for musicians.
Ultimate Handheld Recording Studio
With onboard X/Y microphones, two combo input jacks, overdubbing, effects, and more, the H4n Pro is packed with features that allows musicians to create songs from start to finish.
Take Your Live Show Home
The H4n Pro is capable of recording the loudest and heaviest performances, up to 140 dB SPL without distortion. Take a line-level* stereo feed from the mixing console and capture room ambience with the X/Y microphones. +4dBu line-level is not supported.
Professional Grade Preamps
The H4n Pro features high performance, low-noise mic preamps with recording resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The improved noise floor (-120 dBu EIN) captures audio at lower volumes with less noise and fewer artifacts.
USB Audio Interface
Functioning as a 2-input/2-output USB audio interface for PC or Mac, the H4n Pro enables you to record directly to your computer.
Capture two seconds* of audio before you hit RECORD with the Pre-Record function and never miss the start of a great take. *One second when recording at 96 kHz/sec or working 4CH mode.
The Auto-Record and Auto-Stop functions allow the H4n Pro to automatically start and stop recording according to your designated levels.
Three Recording Modes
Stereo Mode can be used with the built-in X/Y microphones or external mics, and is convenient for recording live performances, acoustic instruments, and more.
4-Channel Mode records with the built-in X/Y mics and two external inputs to capture live room sound and a stereo board feed at the same time.
Multi-Track Mode turns your device into a four-track studio, with built-in effects, overdub functions, and the ability to work with previously recorded sound files.
Inputs and Outputs
The H4n Pro offers two locking XLR/TRS combo jacks, each with switchable phantom power. Additionally there is a mic/line input via the stereo 1/8” input jack.
Monitor your performance with headphones or connect to external devices using the stereo 1/8” line output with dedicated volume control.
Music Production Software
Record, edit, mix and master your music with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software.
Choose from a variety of effects, including EQ, compression, reverb, delay, amp and cab emulators and more. Practice with an onboard metronome, tuner and looper.
Recording Time and File Formats
The H4n Pro can capture audio in both MP3 and WAV file formats. WAV files recorded with the H4n Pro comply with BWF (Broadcast Wave Format) and include marks and creation dates. It allows for easy syncing and file organization for both musicians and filmmakers.
- Four-track simultaneous recording
- High-fidelity mic preamps
- Built-in X/Y stereo microphones, adjustable between 90˚ and 120˚
- Record up to 140 dB SPL with X/Y microphones
- Two mic/line level inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors
- Stereo 1/8" Mic In mini phone jack
- +24 or +48V phantom power for main inputs and Plug-in power (2.5V) via Mic/Line In mini phone jack
- Output/headphone jack with dedicated volume control
- Records directly to SD and SDHC cards up to 32 GB
- Supports up to 24-bit/96 kHz audio in BWF-compliant WAV or a variety of MP3 formats
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Mounts to mic stand or tripod, or directly to DSLR with optional Hot Shoe adapter
- Runs on 2 standard AA alkaline or NiMH rechargeable batteries with up to 6 hours of operation (up to 10 hours in Stamina mode)
- Number of simultaneous recording tracks: 2 (STEREO mode), 4 (4CH mode), 2 (MTR mode)
- Recording time 4 GB (SDHC): Approx. 380 minutes (WAV 44.1 kHz / 16-bit stereo track) Approx. 68 hours (MP3 44.1 kHz / 128 kbps stereo track) * Recording times are approximations. Actual times may differ according to recording conditions.
- Maximum file size of simultaneous recording: 2 GB
- Projects: 1000/card
- Locate function: Hours/Minutes/Seconds/Milliseconds
- Other functions: Punch-in/out, Bounce, A-B repeat
- Effects modules: 2
- Stereo / 4Ch Mode: Lo Cut, Comp/Limiter
- MTR Mode: Pre-Amp module, EFX module
- Types: 53
- Patches: 60
- Tuners: Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Open A/D/E/G, DADGAD
- Metronome sound sources: 5
- Variable beat: 1/4, 8/4, 6/8, unaccentuated
- Tempo: 40.0 - 250.0 BPM
- A/D conversion: 24-bit × 128 oversampling
- D/A conversion: 24-bit × 128 oversampling
- Recording media: SD card (16 MB – 2 GB), SDHC card (4 GB – 32 GB)
- Display: 128 x 64 dots Full-dot backlit LCD
- Data Type - WAV Format (Record/Play)
- Quantization: 16- / 24-bit
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 / 48 / 96 kHz
- Data Type: MP3 Format (Recording)
- Bit rate: 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, 96, 112, 128, 160, 192, 224, 256, 320 kbps, VBR
- Sampling frequency: 44.1 / 48 kHz
- Batteries: IEC R6 (size AA) x 2
- Dimensions: 73 (W) × 157.2 (D) × 37 (H) mm
- Weight: 294 g
- Input  : XLR (balanced input) / standard phone (unbalanced input) combo jack
- Input impedance: (Using balanced input) 3 kΩ or more, pin 2 hot; (Using unbalanced input) 470 kΩ or more
- Input gain: (Using balanced input) −16 dB to +43 dB; (Using unbalanced input) -30 dB to +32 dB
- Built-in stereo mic:
- Unidirectional condenser microphone
- Sensitivity: -45 dB/1 Pa at 1 kHz
- Input gain: -16 dB to +51 dB
- Maximum sound pressure input: 140 dB SPL
- External mic:
- Mini stereo phone jack
- Input impedance: 2 kΩ or more
- Input gain: - 16 dB to +51 dB
- Line Output load impedance: 10 kΩ or more
- Line rated output level: -10 dBu
- Phone: 20 mW + 20 mW (into 32Ω load)
- Monaural speaker: 400 mW 8 Ω
- Phantom power: 48V, 24V, OFF
- USB: USB 2.0 High Speed Mass Storage Class operation, Audio interface operation (USB functions can be operated by USB bus power)
- Power requirements: DC 5V 1A AC from AC adapter (ZOOM AD-14), 2 x AA batteries
Stereo Mode Continuous Recording Time
- Using built-in mics at 44.1 kHz/16-bit without headphones connected
- About 6 hours using alkaline batteries or about 8 hours using NiMH (2450mAh) batteries
Stamina mode Continuous Recording Time
- Using built-in mics at 44.1 kHz/16-bit without headphones connected
- About 10 hours using alkaline batteries or about 12 hours using NiMH (2450mAh) batteries
In The Box
- Operation manual
- 2 x AA batteries
- Protective case
- Steinberg WaveLab LE software download
- Steinberg Cubase LE software download
Model: H4NPRO ALL BLACK
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.