OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
• MORE ON THE WAY SOON
Go From Real To Surreal With The Intellijel Plonk Physical Modeling Percussion Synthesizer Module
Plonk uses a technique known as physical modelling to synthesize, with great realism, the way in which sound is produced by acoustic instruments. The Plonk module is, itself, focused primarily on creating percussive sounds - both pitched and un-pitched; natural and unnatural; acoustic-sounding or totally electronic.
Plonk does this by breaking sound creation into two distinct elements - the exciter and the resonator. The exciter is a mathematical model of the device used to strike a particular surface. Plonk, because itâ€™s percussion oriented, has two types of exciters: one modelled on a mallet, and the other providing a noise source. The resonator is a virtualization of the object being struck, which vibrates, resonates and creates the body of a sound. Plonk offers several types of resonators: beam; marimba; drumhead; membrane; plate; and string.
Plonk provides numerous parameters that let you shape, mold and design both the exciter and the resonator, thus enabling you to synthesize the sound of striking or scraping almost any type of object - real or imagined. In this way, Plonk can accurately model the sounds of kicks, snares, toms, cymbals, claps, tablas, congas and all manner of traditional percussion instruments. It can also model pitched percussive instruments, like vibes, marimbas, and even bass or guitar-like tones. Of course, it additionally excels at modelling instruments that heretofore never existed.
Best of all, the sounds created by Plonk are not static - any sound you design can respond dynamically to velocity, as well as four different modulation inputs. This means the sound of Plonk can change completely from note-to-note (or strike-to-strike). Because of this, Plonk is actually a duophonic (2-voice) module, which lets the sound of one note decay naturally when a second note (possibly employing an entirely different set of modelling values) is struck. Thus, hitting a new note does not choke the sound of the previously struck note (unless you want it to, of course)!
Plonk stores up to 128 patches in its internal memory, and ships with many presets programmed by professional sound designers and composers. You may overwrite these patches if you wish, and banks of patches may be transferred via MIDI System Exclusive over Plonkâ€™s built-in mini-USB port to facilitate offline storage by programs or websites that support this capability.
Plonk was developed in cooperation with Montreal-based Applied Acoustics Systems - physical modelling pioneers, and the creators of Tassman, Lounge Lizard, String Studio, Ultra Analog, Chromaphone and numerous other plugins. It is with great pleasure that Intellijel brings the potential of this physical modelling technology to a hands-on, CV-laden device capable of the sort of dynamic control and sonic exploration that modular synthesists demand.
- Resonator section models strings, beams, marimbas, drumheads, membranes, and plates.
- Exciter section comprises a realistic mallet model and flexible noise source.
- Two Voice Polyphonic at full resolution (16-bit 44.1Khz).
- Pseudo multi-timbrality possible via CV selectable presets recalled on each new trigger/gate.
- Full parameter randomization and morphing via CV/trigger.
- All synthesis parameters can be assigned to the X, Y and MOD controls.
- 128 user preset slots with import/export via USB and come filled with factory presets designed Richard Devine and AAS.
- Laser Mammoth compatible preset management
Width: 12 hp
- Max Depth: 38 mm
- Power: 170 mA @ +12V, 6 mA @ -12V
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90525
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device