*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get The Best 3-Way Monitor In Its Class - The Barefoot Sound Footprint02 3-Way Active Studio Monitor - Pair
Now, the best 3-way monitor in its class has been joined by the Footprint02, a similar but smaller active nearfield speaker at an even more affordable price, offering the same uncompromising audio quality and signature design characteristics - Dual-Force technology opposing subwoofers, dual ring radiator tweeter, and Multi-Emphasis Monitor Emulation or MEME
Barefoot Sound hit a sweet spot when it introduced the Footprint01, the first in a new line of active 3-way speakers designed specifically for today's evolving production workflows. The Footprint01 retains the sonic character and design features of Barefoot Sound's high-end studio monitors, but in a smaller package with a more affordable price.
The Footprint02 may be smaller, but it is mighty, with Barefoot's exemplary sound quality, 3-D imaging, and wide dynamic range.
- Side-mounted dual opposing paper cone subwoofers
- Dual ring radiator tweeter and aluminum cone midrange driver set in an aluminum front sub baffle Sleek, rounded corners and edges, minimizing cabinet diffraction
- Tweeter positioned below the midrange woofer - this unusual geometry generates the acoustic focus at the center of the cabinet
- 2-way DSP crossover feeds
- Dual Class D amplifiers modules, as befits its reduced cabinet dimensions (about 60 percent that of the Footprint01)
- Dual opposing 6.5-inch opposing subwoofers for deep bass extension
Under The HoodDual-Force is a core Barefoot technology, placing two subwoofers in opposition to eliminate cabinet vibrations, eliminating all vibration at the source. The only sound heard comes from the drivers, not the cabinet.
The dual ring radiator tweeter is another key design component. As the wavelength of high-frequency information approaches the diameter of a tweeter diaphragm, the dispersion begins to narrow, adversely affecting the image. Combining a center waveguide with the dual ring tweeter ensures a wider high-frequency dispersion pattern at the listening position.
MEME TechnologyBarefoot's MEME technology enhances the versatility of the Footprint02, allowing it to fit into a broad range of applications: playback room, mobile setup, home, and production environments. MEME offers true emulations modeled on the performance and character of mix cube speakers, the infamous white coned speaker we all know well, and consumer hi-fi speakers, allowing the mixer the ability to reference all of those iconic monitors with a flick of a switch. No more need for multiple monitors cluttering up your bridge.
- Controls: Input level stepped attenuator, MEME voice select
- Input Impedance: Balanced XLR, 50k Ohm Impedance
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1 meter with -15dBV input signal (Level control set to 0dB)
- Frequency Response: 42Hz - 45kHz (+/-3dB), 52Hz - 40kHz (+/-1dB)
- Bass Response: -3 dB @ 36Hz, Q = 0.707 Slope = 18 dB/octave
- Cabinet: 13 liters total
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.