Warp Your Pitch From Tasteful To Ludicrous With The EarthQuaker Devices Aqueduct Vibrato Pedal
Aqueduct uses a short delay line with eight modulation modes to deliver gentle amp-like rolling pitch-wobbles, steady kosmiche pulsations, rapid trills, slimy sonic squiggles, whammy bar wiggles, pitch bends, and anything else your pitch-warped brain can picture in your murky mind's eye.
With eight modulation methods to choose, Aqueduct offers a variety of pitch-shifting vibrato tones adaptable to nearly any musical situation. Sine, Triangle, Ramp, and Square modes provide tried-and-true pitch modulation for players wanting to add subtle and organic textures to their music. Random mode introduces a â€œwarped recordâ€ effect at low settings and rolls the dice on an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends as the Depth is increased. For players on the hunt for a dynamic and touch-sensitive Vibrato experience, Aqueductâ€™s Envelope modes allow for interactive control over the Depth, Rate, and pitch of the vibrato by simply playing harder or softer.
Envelope-Controlled Pitch mode (Env P) is equipped with a wet/dry blend expanding the tonal possibilities beyond vibrato to include chorus, flanger, and tactile tremolo bar-like pitch bends. Theyâ€™ve lovingly nicknamed it "the My Bloody Valentine setting."
Aqueductâ€™s intuitive control set make it easy for pedal novices and tap-dancing pedalheads alike to dial in swampy vintage-inspired vibrato, synthesizer-like sonar pulses, touch-sensitive pitch modulation, and more. Rate adjusts the LFO speed which controls how quickly the pitch rises and falls. Depth controls the LFO amplitude, adjusting the intensity of the vibrato effect. The rotary switch labeled Mode selects between one of eight LFO waveshape and envelope combinations which drastically alter the character of the modulation.
It is also the latest pedal to feature EarthQuaker Devices proprietary Flexi-Switch feature which allows users to select between momentary and traditional latching-style switching in the moment and on the fly. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as youâ€™d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed.
This device features Flexi-Switch Technology! This relay-based, true bypass switching style allows you to simultaneously use momentary and latching style switching. For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch once to activate the effect and then tap again to bypass. For momentary operation, hold the footswitch down for as long as youâ€™d like to use the effect. Once you release the switch the effect will be bypassed. Since the switching is relay based, it requires power to pass signal.
- Sine: The smoothest and most subtle of all waveforms, sine waves are most commonly associated with classic amp-like vibrato. Plug in, turn on, and commence the Chooglin'.
- Triangle: Triangle waves have a sharper rise and fall than sine waves with a more pronounced pitch bend at the peak of each LFO cycle.
- Ramp: Like a triangle wave with a twist. The Ramp waveform has a sharp sonar pulse followed by a rapid downward slope with a synthesizer-like sustain and release. This is where things start to get a little weird.
- Square: Square waves are the most rigid and abrupt of the waveforms. Rather than gliding smoothly between pitches, square waves produce an instant on-or-off transition between notes. Use this mode for trills when you get tired of doing hammer-ons and pull-offs.
- Random: This waveform isnâ€™t a waveform at all as much as itâ€™s a drunken master of modulation who slurs your notes into an unpredictable assortment of greasy pitch-bends before disappearing at last
Manufacturer: EarthQuaker Devices
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.