*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get Wild Tonal Diversity With The EarthQuaker Devices Westwood Translucent Drive Manipulator Pedal
Hey there, Desperado, welcome to Westwood! We hope youâ€™ll enjoy your stay. Westwood is a touch sensitive translucent overdrive manipulator as clean and pure as the breeze which blows through a grove of Douglas Fir trees, and as hot as a damn fine cup of coffee.
This mild-mannered light- to medium-gain overdrive will still knock the socks right off your trusty low-wattage combo amp, pushing it into anything from cutting, edge-of-breakup rhythm tones, all the way to articulate, singing lead tones stacked high with pleasing even-order harmonics and sweet, sweet sustain. And if you pair it up with your favorite head and cab, you should probably call the neighbors first, because the Westwoodâ€™s Level control has enough output on tap to alert the proper authorities. Even the FBI.
The Westwoodâ€™s Drive control sets the level of gain for a near-clean boost at lower settings, to rich, bell-like jangle and chime, all the way to soaring lead tones that are cutting and distinct, but never harsh. The Westwood responds to changes in guitar volume at any setting, and varying the intensity of your pick attack reveals the subtle nuances of your technique and tone. Your choir director will love it.
The powerful active EQ section has controls for Treble and Bass with up to 20 dB of cut and/or boost. Center-detent pots indicate theflat setting. When you feel a click, there is neither cut nor boost, and your tone remains unaltered, but with extra gain.
Treble affects the area around 2kHz and is handy for taming icepick-y single coils, or giving humbuckers a lift to add an open and airy top end sparkle as free and clear and uncompressed as the air all the way up in the lovely mountains of Tibet.
The Westwoodâ€™s Bass control operates around 80Hz and can be used to tighten up the low end of an already dark sounding guitar, or if turned up, will soften your attack, and introduce tube-like sag for a browned out sound with plenty of woody, organic bottom end thump thatâ€™ll make chords thick and chunky, while single notes bloom like the flowers of the majestic Dogwood.
On the bass guitar, the Westwood provides warm low-mids and a smooth top end with enough vintage grit to make your next gig at the Roadhouse both wonderful and strange. Letâ€™s rock.
Each and every Westwood is a real Blue Rose case, hand built by a team of special agents in the Black Lodge of Akron, Ohio, USA, where the owls are not what they seem, thereâ€™s always music in the air, and the birds sing a pretty song.
- Level: Adjusts Westwoodâ€™s output level. Clockwise is loud, counterclockwise is quiet.
- Drive: Adjusts the amount of overdrive. Clockwise is dirty, counterclockwise is clean.
- Bass: Selects amount of low frequencies around 80Hz. Clockwise to boost, counterclockwise to cut.
- Treble: Selects amount of high frequencies around 2kHz. Clockwise to boost, counterclockwise to cut.
- Switching: This device is true bypass and uses electronic relay based switching. Audio will not pass without power.
- Measures: 4.75" x 2.50" x 2.25" with knobs
- Current Draw: 15mA
- Input Impedance: 1M
- Output Impedance: <1K
- Power: Westwood can be powered by a standard 9-volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. Pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies are recommended. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Do not run at higher voltages!
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.