OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Harness The Energy Of Digital Id With The Make Noise WobbleBug Random Voltage Generator Module
The "WoggleBug" is a random voltage generator, originally designed by Grant Richter of Wiard Synthesizers. It is a continuation of the "smooth" and "stepped" fluctuating random voltage sources pioneered by Don Buchla within the Model 265 "Source of Uncertainty," expanding it to include the other-worldly Woggle CVs (stepped voltages with decaying sinusoids edges). The Wogglebug is a very musical random voltage generator where it is possible to synchronize all random signal to a Master Clock. Guaranteed to unleash your synthesizer's ID MONSTER!
- Complete Complex Random Voltage system, no external modules necessary
- Two VCOs, Phase Lock Loop, Lag Processor, Clock, Burst Generator and Sample & Hold
- Generates 7 Random Signals simultaneously: Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO, Ring Mod, Stepped, Smooth, Woggle, Burst
- Generates ultra stable, voltage controlled Master Clock
- External inputs for S&H (Heart IN) and Ring-Mod (Influence)
- Disturb button adds performance element
- Wonderful for modulating the Phonogene and DPO
Smooth VCO Output: Shark's Fin wave audio rate signal controlled by the Ego Input, Ego/Id panel setting, Influence CV Input, and Speed/Chaos controls; 10Vpp.
- Ring-Mod Output: Pulse Wave Audio rate signal, ring modulated product of Smooth VCO, Woggle VCO and audio rate signal at the Influence Input (if present). It gets messy, real fast. The digital nature of the Ring-Mod circuit makes Simple waveforms (Pulse, Square, Triangle, Sine, Saw) almost necessary to achieve something remotely musical, but don't let that stop you from pumping Motown samples into this circuit! 10Vpp.
- Woggle VCO Output: Square Wave audio rate signal, controlled by Woggle panel control, Ego Input, Ego/Id Balance Control, Influence CV Input, and Clock Rate/Chaos controls; 10Vpp.
Ego/Id Balance Control: with nothing inserted at the Ego Input, sets the range of probable values. Turning this control CCW, the random values generated by the system tend to â€œcluster.â€ With a signal applied to the Ego Input, it allows that external signal to be balanced with the internal signal source to generate random voltages.
- Ego Input (external input for S&H): Signals applied here are injected directly to the uncertainly, beating heart of the Wogglebug. Accepts Control Voltages or Audio Rate signals; expects 10Vpp max.
- Stepped Output: At lower Clock rates, the Stepped Random Voltage appears here: new value occurring at every clock pulse indicated by the blue System Clock LED. At higher (audio) clock rates, bit reduction effects may be achieved by inserting an audio signal into Ego Input and setting Ego/Id Balance full CCW; 10Vpp range.
- Stepped Output Activity Window: visual indication of approximate Stepped Random Voltage value.
- Influence Input: CV and/ or Audio Signal input that performs the following duties: modulates frequency of SMOOTH and Woggle VCOs, inputs to the Ring-Mod circuit, and level shifts the Woggle CV signal. Responds 0V to 10V.
- SMOOTH OUT: Smooth Control Voltage appears here, the smoothness of which is set by the Speed/Chaos Control; 0V to 10V.
- Woggle Control: Sets how quickly (or slowly) the Woggle circuit is able to catch the Smooth/Stepped circuit. Clockwise slows the Woggle CV, counterclockwise speeds it up.
- Woggle CV OUT: A of product of the Smooth/ Stepped CV, this voltage quivers, shakes, and chases after the heart of the system... always, and is smoothed by the Woggle panel control; 0V to10V.
Speed/Chaos CV Attenuator: unipolar attenuator for Speed CV Input. Normalled to 8V (see below).
- Speed/Chaos CV Input: unipolar control signal input for Speed parameter. Normalled to +8V so that with nothing patched, the associated Speed CV attenuator will extend the internal clock generator range up to around 200hz; Range: 0V to +8V.
- External Clock Input: any signal may be applied here, allowing for independent control of rate and smoothness.
- System Clock LED: Displays rate of Sample and Hold clock. When a signal is applied to the External Clock Input, shows the rate of the incoming clock/rising edge. With nothing patched, mirrors the Internal clock.
- Disturb Button: Direct control of the Sample and Hold circuit: pressing Samples; holding Holds.
- Speed/Chaos Control: dual purpose control that sets the Rate of the Wogglebug Internal Clock generator & the lag processor feeding the Smooth CV circuit. Turning it CCW slows the system and smoothes its response. Turning it CW quickens the system with the Smooth CV response becoming jittery. Internal Clock generator range is 1 minute per cycle up to
Manufacturer: Make Noise
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA90445
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device