*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get a Diverse Range of Clear and Transparent Overdrive Tones with the MXR Sugar Drive Mini Overdrive Pedal
The MXR Sugar Drive based on a rare overdrive pedal that has acquired a mythical reputation among fanatical tone-seekers thanks to its unique circuit design.
The key elements of that circuit design are the Drive control and something called a voltage doubler. First, the Drive control on this pedal doesnâ€™t just increase the intensity of the overdrive pedal. It starts with your clean signal and then blends it with the overdrive effect as you turn it up, replicating the smooth transition of an amplifier going from clean to dirty. The voltage doubler increases overall headroom, which opens everything up nicely.
If youâ€™re all about true bypass, then youâ€™re in luck-this pedal uses it by default. The original used buffered bypass, though, and we know thereâ€™s a lot of players out there who donâ€™t want to fix something that isnâ€™t broken. Theyâ€™re in luck, too-just flick the Buffer switch on the side of the pedal to enable buffered bypassing.
With a simple three-knob setup and an MXR mini housing, this is the go-to overdrive to have on your pedalboard. Itâ€™s versatile and it saves space, and unlike the original pedals itâ€™s based on, it wonâ€™t cost you thousands of dollars.
- VOLUME: sets overall effect volume
- TONE: rolls off high frequencies
- DRIVE: sets the amount of overdrive
- BUFFER switch selects buffered bypass(indicated by blue LED)
- FOOTSWITCH toggles effect on/bypass(blue LED indicates on)
- By default, the M294 is set to true bypass switching. For buffered bypass switching, set the BUFFER switch to its RIGHT position.
- Input Impedance: 600 kilohms
- Output Impedance: 3 kilohms
- Nominal Input Level: +6 dBV
- Maximum Output Level/True Bypass (without Buffer selected):+26 dBV
- Tone control (@ full CCW): -20 dB @ 3 kHz
- Current Draw: 18.5 mA @ 9 VDC
- Power Requirements: 9 VDC (ECB003 AC adapter)
- Throughput Gain up to +50 dB @ 1kHz
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.