Enhance Your Studio Recordings With The Rode NTR Active Ribbon Microphone
At first glance of the NTR, you’re aware that it’s very special and unique – an intricate blend of art and science.
Designed to hang in the world’s finest recording studios and performance halls equally as well as home studio spaces, its existence is a labor of love for RØDE. Every element of the NTR, from the transformer to the ribbon element itself, has been designed and created in-house at RØDE’s headquarters in Sydney, Australia. All with the aim of crafting the finest ribbon microphone available.
Sonically, the NTR is capable of reproducing unprecedented high-frequency detail and accuracy, addressing common criticisms of other ribbon microphones, while opening up the possible usage scenarios considerably. This allows it to record sound sources that usually require a more sensitive microphone element.
- Highly sensitive 1.8-micron ribbon element
- Bi-Directional Polar Pattern
- Internal Shock Mounting System
- Custom designed and manufactured transformer
- Heavy-duty matte black finish
- Ribbon-securing travel screw supplied
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- One free ribbon replacement during the warranty period
- Acoustic Principle: Velocity Transducer
- Active Electronics: Step-up Transformer and signal balanced preamp stage
- Polar Pattern: Figure 8
- Address Type: Side
- Frequency Range: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output Impedance: 200Ω
- Maximum SPL: 130dBSPL
- Sensitivity: -30.5dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (30.00mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Equivalent Noise Level (A-weighted): 15dBA
- Power Options: +48V phantom power
- Weight: 1047g
- Dimensions: 216mmH x 65mmW x 65mmD
- Output: XLR Output
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.