In 2002 we introduced the Royer Labs R-122 Mic, the world's first phantom powered, active ribbon™ microphone. It was a revolutionary development in ribbon mics, combining impedance matching circuitry with condenser-like output levels that allowed the Royer Labs R-122 Microphone to be used on even the quietest sound sources. It also allowed the Royer Labs mic to be paired to virtually any preamplifier.
The Royer Labs R-122 MKll takes the Royer Labs R-122 Microphone to a whole new level, delivering unprecedented flexibility for ribbons via the addition of a switchable -15 dB pad and a switchable bass-cut filter. The switches are completely out of the circuit when disengaged so when both are off, the Royer Labs microphone is for all purposes an original Royer Labs R-122. The switches are located on the back of the Royer Labs microphone and recessed to prevent accidental activation.
*Front and back of Royer Labs microphone shown. This listing is for one (1) Royer Labs microphone.
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- High SPL Capabilities
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- -15 dB pad before the mic’s electronics gives more headroom when activated.
- Bass cut filter reduces proximity effect and bass below 100 Hz when activated
Manufacturer: ROYER LABS
Model: R-122 MKII
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.