In 2002 we introduced the Royer Labs R-122 Mic, the world's first phantom powered, active ribbon™ microphone. It was a revolutionary development in ribbon mics, combining impedance matching circuitry with condenser-like output levels that allowed the Royer Labs R-122 Microphone to be used on even the quietest sound sources. It also allowed the Royer Labs mic to be paired to virtually any preamplifier.
The Royer Labs R-122 MKll takes the Royer Labs R-122 Microphone to a whole new level, delivering unprecedented flexibility for ribbons via the addition of a switchable -15 dB pad and a switchable bass-cut filter. The switches are completely out of the circuit when disengaged so when both are off, the Royer Labs microphone is for all purposes an original Royer Labs R-122. The switches are located on the back of the Royer Labs microphone and recessed to prevent accidental activation.
*Front and back of Royer Labs microphone shown. This listing is for one (1) Royer Labs microphone.
- Phantom powered circuitry provides high output and impedance matching
- High SPL Capabilities
- No distortion up to maximum SPL rating
- Extremely low residual noise
- Ribbon element is not affected by heat or humidity
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of element
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance
- Rear side of mic records slightly brighter when three feet or closer to sound source
- Polar Pattern: Figure-8
- -15 dB pad before the mic’s electronics gives more headroom when activated.
- Bass cut filter reduces proximity effect and bass below 100 Hz when activated
Manufacturer: ROYER LABS
Model: R-122 MKII
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details