Get That Classic Vintage L.A. Feel With The S.E. Shires TRCVLA-ML Vintage Los Angeles Bb Trumpet
The S.E. Shires Model CVLA-ML (Vintage Los Angeles) Bb trumpet was created to incorporate the best aspects of prized vintage horns with the modern centering and intonation for which S.E. Shires instruments are known. This new line of commercial model trumpets features the broadest S.E. Shires trumpet bell taper which produces a wide variety of tone colors easily throughout the range of the instrument. Narrow bracing contributes to the instrumentâ€™s superlative response and ease of attack. This ML .459 bore option with extra lightweight bell creates a very responsive horn with a large projecting sound.
Amazingly open and efficient, the sound of this instruments is colorful and flexible with strong slotting in the upper register. This model trumpet was created in collaboration with the highest discerning commercial players in the industry.
- Bore: .459 inch
- CVLA Bell: 4 3/4 inch, one piece, hand-hammered "C" (open) taper in extra light-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed (bottom) seam and french bead
- UE7 Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, lightweight yellow brass-open, flexible and projecting, yet remarkably efficient
- CF .465 Flanged Tuning Slide: standard water key; efficient and flexible
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, lightweight, with yellow-brass balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: lightweight yellow brass
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: lacquer
- Includes S.E. Shires single trumpet case, mouthpiece, and care kit
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.