Get Powerful Big SSL Console Sound And Features For Your Desktop With TheËÇ£“-u0014ËÇÖ“íSolid State Logic SiX Ultimate Desktop Mixer
LEGENDARY SSL STUDIO TOOLS REDEFINED AND STREAMLINED
To the casual observer SiX looks like any other compact desktop mixer. Look a little closer and like all SSL consoles, SiX reveals a carefully considered feature set that is driven by an obsessive desire for total flexibility, to encompass every creative eventuality. It may be small but SiX is a classic SSL design. It carries the DNA of 40 years of true expertise in creative studio workflow. Listen to SiX and you will experience the impeccable sonic performance that is the hallmark of every SSL console. It is powerful and intuitive. Inspired and rewarding.
SiX is a condensed professional console for use in the studio, in post-production, on stage, and for podcasting. SiX offers big console sound and an impressive set of utility features in a format that is small enough to stick in a bag a go wherever you need it. SiX is stunning value; it offers two recording channels with SuperAnalogue mic pres, two band EQ, an essential one knob version of the classic SSL Channel Compressor, a new two-band Channel EQ, inserts and 100mm faders. There is a two-knob version of the legendary G-Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus and the unique Listen Mic Compressor on the Talkback. In mixdown mode it is a very capable twelve channel summing system that offers analogue detail, depth and width to your mixes.
TWO RECORDING CHANNELS
SiX has two mono channels with SSL SuperAnalogue MicËÇ£“‚“ï“-u0014’Œ“ï“ñ“‚ PreËÇ£“‚“ï“-u0014’Œ“ï“ñ“‚s; these are transparent, fast and have a much wider available gain range than you would typically get on a compact desktop mixer ËÇ£“‚“ï“-u0014’Œ“ï“ç’ú 66dB of gain compared to the more typical mid-40s or 50dB found in desktop mixers. They have phantom power, 75Hz high pass filter and an independent line-level input which can be switched to instrument level input with high impedance.
SiX has two stereo input channels with -10/+20 dB trim for line sources such as synthesisers, drum machines, output from soundcards etc. These have their own balance controls and 100mm faders. If only the Left input of a stereo channel is connected (and the right left free) the channel will automatically switch to mono, panned centre.
While SiX might be small it can handle a lot of inputs at mix-down! Using the two mono input and the two stereo input channels gives SiX its name, but we also have two stereo EXTernal inputs (with volume controls in the master section) which can be sent to the mix bus. Include the ALT inputs and we have up to 12 channels that can be summed into the main mix bus.
MASTER BUS MAGIC
SiX has a G Series Bus Compressor on the main mix bus. This uses the same circuit design as the legendary SSL Bus Compressor from our larger consoles but with a fixed ratio, attack, and release settings and a more modern quad-VCA chip. The simplified controls make it very easy to get that SSL glue and snap on whatever you push through your master bus. SiX also has a set of inserts on the main mix bus that can be used to bring external processing tools (like SSL Fusion) to your mixdown.
SiX has a collection of professional routing and monitoring features taken directly from our large format console heritage. It has two Stereo Cue buses (with level and pan controls) for individual artist foldback mixes. The Master Section has main and alternate monitor outputs with a proper monitor source matrix, as well as mono check, dim and cut. The fader channels all have proper PFL and a Mute button that routes the muted signal to a 'Bus B'. Bus B can be used as a convenient DAW record send but it can also be routed to the monitor matrix.ËÇ£“-u0014ËÇÖ“í
- Two SuperAnalogue wide gain range mic pres for pristine recording quality
- Two wide gain range stereo line inputs
- Individually switchable phantom power on each Mic Input
- Line level input with true HiZ (1 M ohms) impedance switch for passive coil inputs (e.g. guitar pickups)
- Two recording channels with fully balanced inserts, simple SSL EQ and Dynamics and true bypass processing switching
- Fast, accurate peak response LED meters
- 12 channel stereo summing - probably more studio grade analogue summing per square inch than any other console
- Main bus with fully balanced insert
- Simplified SSL Bus Compressor
- 100 mm studio grade long throw faders - unique in this form factor
- A 'proper' foldback section with two stereo send/cue buses with talkback, local monitoring plus two stereo cue feeds
- Versatile B-Bus/Mute switching provides record and mix buses for simple overdubs
- Useful, flexible signal routing and summing
- Versatile 'summing' monitor section with two external source selectors
- 'Listen mic compressor' with flexible routing for studio talkback or more creative applications
Manufacturer: Solid Stage Logic
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details