Yamaha YHR-668NII Full Double Horn - Nickel Silver
This orchestral French horn is designed for players who prefer the strong sound of a large bell instrument. Characterized by deep, warm tone colors, the Yamaha YHR-668NII Full Double Horn features secure note centers and impeccable intonation.
- Hand-lapped rotary valves and slides - Rotary valves and slides that have been hand-lapped are airtight and have smooth action.
- Articulated key levers - Articulated key levers have responsive motion.
- Hammered and annealed bell - Hammering and annealing are processes so important to the instrument's acoustic characteristics that Yamaha employs computer-controlled equipment to ensure consistently superior sound. Hammering enables bells to have a rich, resonant tone that blends beautifully with other instruments. Annealing is a cooling and heating process that makes it easier to control the acoustics of the instrument.
- Cyclical bore - A cyclical bore is a perfectly cylindrical tubing assembly in combination with a conical leadpipe and bell system. This allows for consistent air flow throughout the horn.
- Tapered valves - Tapered valves wear for a long time without air leakage.
- Deep, warm tone colors - Secure note centers
- Excellent sound in all registers - The combination of the secure high register, strong projection, and quick attack of the Bb horn with the rich, warm timbre of the F horn make the double horn ideal for most playing situations.
- Key: F/Bb
- Body: Nickel Silver
- Bell Size: LL
- Bell Type: Fixed
- Bore Size: 12mm (0.472 inch)
- Number of Valves: 4
- Valve Rotors: Solid
- Lever Action: String
- Finish: Clear Lacquer
- Mouthpiece: HR-30D4
- Case: Included
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.