Timeless Sound, With The Latest Refinements - The Yamaha YOB-831 Custom Oboe
Yamaha Custom oboes are made from the most select, premium-grade grenadilla, for tonal purity and a rich, colorful sound. Their inner bore shape is the result of years of priceless experience on the part of our craftspeople, combined with computer-aided technology. It creates an exceptionally balanced and colorful tone.
The shape, size, and placement of the toneholes have been meticulously analyzed to guarantee unmatched sound and playability. The hand-brazed keys have been carefully fitted and adjusted by our most experienced artisans for a balanced, responsive touch with comfortable positioning. And the key system has been redesigned to facilitate adjustments and repairs.
- Reed Receiver (Solid Nickel Silver) - The reed receiver features a new design that has more volume and weight than current models, contributing to richer overall resonance. The socket has a slightly looser internal diameter that makes reed insertion easy.
- New Bell Design - The bell's exterior contour, internal diameter, and flare have been carefully redesigned, and the bell ring omitted to create a new, thicker bell design. The new bell delivers a powerful tone that is rich in overtones, with a big, round quality that is suitable for symphonies.
- Revised B Key Pad Cup - The B key pad cup has a significant influence on the overall tone of an oboe, and in this model has extra thickness while the slit has been located on the underside of the pad. This not only reduces C# noise, but also improves high-range playability and tone in general. The B-A# trill lever has been matched to the height of the B key for enhanced playability.
- Philadelphia D Key Adjustment Screw - This adjustment screw allows fine adjustment of high D playability. A "Philadelphia D key" is linked to the low C key and allows adjustment of the D double ring key opening (in current models only the low C and E keys are linked with opening adjustment).
- B Resonance Key - B resonance key has been included to improve the low B sound. The key can be disengaged via the adjustment screw if desired, but the mechanism is designed so that the resonance key always opens when the lowest Bb is played.
- Forked F Resonance Key Adjustment Screw - This adjustment screw allows adjustment of the opening as well as complete disengagement of the auxiliary key if desired.
- New Adjustable Thumb Rest - In addition to vertical adjustment, the angle of this thumb rest can be adjusted to achieve the most comfortable thumb fit and position. A strap ring is also included for optimum playing position, so the performer can concentrate more fully on the music
- New Tone Hole Design - Tone hole design has been completely reassessed and updated to provide ideal breath resistance and luxurious resonance. The revised tone holes also make conservatoire fingering easier.
- System: Conservatoire (semi-automatic octave system)
- Bore Style: European
- Auxiliary Keys: 3rd octave key, Left-hand F key, Adjustable Fork F resonance key, B resonance key, philadelphia D key
- Trill Keys: Low B-C#, low C-Db, C#-D#, D#-E, F#-G#, G#-A, Ab-Bb, A#-B, B-C#, left C-D, right C-D
- Pads: Cork and Leather
- Body Material: Grenadilla
- Key Material: Silver-plated nickel silver
- Case: Deluxe, multi-functional case and cover.
- Toneholes: Undercut with innovated uppercuts
- Thumb-rest: Fixed
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details