About The Yamaha YTS-82ZS Tenor Saxophone - Silver Plated
On the 10th Anniversary of their introduction, the Custom Z saxophones have been reexamined from neck to bell. They now offer the ultimate combination of expressiveness, response and control while staying true to their free-spirited origins. Since the Custom Z was developed in 2003, the technology, craftsmanship and specifications of the Custom Z series have continued to improve to fulfill the needs of the highest level musicians.
One-piece bell with new engraving - In the tradition of those coveted vintage saxophones, the 82Z now comes equipped with a one-piece bell. This feature drastically improves low end response and offers the player a wider palette of tonal color. More elaborate with finer detail, the new engraving design offers delicate beauty.
- Metal resonator pad - The metal resonators offer an outstanding response and deliver a wider dynamic range. The entire range of the instrument has a clearer pronunciation, providing effortless playability all around.
- Improved Low B-C# connection - An improved mechanism from low B-C# connection ensures the consistent closing of the low C# key and promotes a clear response from notes in the low range of the instrument.
- Lighter thumb hook and thumb rest bases - Lighter thumb rest and thumb hook base designs produce better response and a more cohesive tone.
- Adjustable Front F key - An adjustable Front F mechanism gives the player the freedom to find the optimal level of resistance in the altissimo range.
- Key: Bb
- Bell Type: One-piece
- Bell Decoration: Hand Engraved
- Key Buttons: Mother of Pearl
- Auxiliary Keys: High F#, Front F
- Thumb Hook: Adjustable
- Finish: Silver-plated
- Neck: G1
- Mouthpiece: FCM
- Case: Included
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.