Get A Partner Of Modern Workstations, With No Software Option Dialogs Or An Integrated Mixer, Just A High-Speed Driver - The Alva Nanoface 12 Channel USB Audio Interface
Most interfaces provide a big software package with useful features, but have a steep learning curve and consume the most important thing a musician doesn’t have. Time. Time to mess with all the technical stuff. But creativity needs boundaries. In an unlimited space there is no need to be creative, as all destinations can be reached – with just some knowledge and craftsmanship. The ALVA designers decided to try another way: Sensible downsizing.
All modern audio programs provide a low latency engine, an integrated mixer with plug-in support and monitoring features. They emulate a complete studio workflow. Some audio interfaces try to do the same and thus doubling not only the features, but also the time to mess with them.
The Nanoface is different. All features can be controlled with ONE multi controller. Directly on the unit. In combination with an audio sequencer this is what most all musicians need. No more. No less.
If you want to use a mixer, with sends, busses and effects – it’s already in your DAW software.
The Nanoface provides 6 audio I/Os – enough for a small home studio, a DJ- or surround setup. A MIDI input and two MIDI outputs form a perfect combination to connect a keyboard and external synthesizers or samplers.
Four analog inputs – two of them equipped with high-quality mic preamps - allow the simultaneously recording of different sources at the same time, like a microphone, an electric guitar and a synthesizer. Four analog outputs provide a flexible setup for monitoring two stereo signals at the same time, e. g. with main speakers and headphones. The signal from output 1/2 can be routed to output 3/4 and individually adjusted.
The digital I/O works in standard SPDIF format. This makes the Nanoface the perfect partner for a digital signal from a CD player, or an effect unit as a source for an external DA converter.
ANALOG SOUND QUALITY
Normally, great converters are expensive! With the Nanoface, we´ve changed the game. Thanks to the years of experience of our development team, we´ve integrated a very sophisticated circuit design. The result: an extraordinary audiophile sound.
The Nanoface provides two mic preamps with very low noise and distortion specifications. Including switchable 48V phantom power for condenser mics.
Electrical instruments - guitar or bass - need a special instrument input with Hi-Z characteristics for direct recording. The Nanoface provides an instrument input directly on the units right side. Optimal for spontaneous jam sessions with a notebook or as mobile recording station without the need for more equipment – live or with band rehearsals.
- The analog gains for the four inputs, all output levels and special features, like phantom power and hardware monitoring will be controlled with the big silver rotary encoder directly on the Nanoface.
- All mixing, channel routing and digital levels will be controlled by your individual audio software.
WHAT CAN BE CONTROLLED WITH THE ENCODER:
- Output 1/2: gain
- Output 3/4 (Phones): gain
- Route output 1/2 to Phones output
- Output 1/2 on Phones output: gain
- Input 1/2: gain (mic/instr. preamps)
- Input 3/4: gain
- 48V for inputs 1 and/or 2
- Switch input 2 to Hi-Z input
- Hardware monitoring for inputs 1/2
- Reset to default values
EXAMPLE: DUPLICATE THE OUTPUT SIGNAL 1/2 ON THE HEADPHONES
- In the default mode the phones output plays the signal from channel 3/4. To duplicate the output 1/2 on the headphones (e. g. for mp3 music playback) it takes two steps:
- 1. Select the phones mode by clicking the encoder until LED phones + 3/4 shine.
- 2. Click/turn Encoder left. LED 3/4 turns off. The headphones are switched to output 1/2.
Manufacturer: RME Audio
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details