Get A Powerful All-In-One Tool For Your AcousticÂ Gigs With TheÂ Boss AD-10 Acoustic Preamp Pedal
Anyone who plays an amplified acoustic guitar on stage knows what a challenge it is to get a sound thatâ€™s as inspiring as playing the instrument acoustically. The AD-10 is your solution to this age-old problem, offering advanced sound tools that enable you to achieve rich, natural acoustic tones every time you perform. At its core, the AD-10 is a fully featured, dual-channel acoustic preamp/DI pedal with premium audio quality, deep sound-shaping options, and flexible connectivity. On top of that, ambience, chorus, and delay effects are built in, eliminating the need to carry external sound processing.
But the AD-10 takes acoustic preamp design to an all-new level with its standout feature-BOSSâ€™s groundbreaking Acoustic Resonance processing. This advanced tech restores the complex body and string resonances that are lost with most pickup systems, bringing back the expressive, organic vibe thatâ€™s so vital to the acoustic experience. And the features keep on coming, with transparent anti-feedback controls, memories for sound setups, an 80-second looper, USB audio, and much more. Hugely powerful yet simple to use, the compact AD-10 is your all-in-one companion for realizing impressive acoustic tones in every performing environment.
ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED IN ONE PORTABLE PACKAGE
With its advanced BOSS technologies and comprehensive design approach, the AD-10 is a dream come true for serious acoustic players who are constantly striving for the very best sound reproduction. Its vast tone-shaping features and intuitive, hands-on controls enable anyone to dial in exceptional sounds quickly and easily. Advanced feedback-fighting capabilities are also on board, making it simple to tackle the sound issues that inevitably come up in different performance venues. And with 10 onboard memories, itâ€™s possible to save favorite setups for different instruments and songs. The AD-10 also supports power via an included AC adapter or batteries, offering great flexibility for any performing situation.
RESTORE TRUE ACOUSTIC TONE WITH BOSSâ€™S ACOUSTIC RESONANCE
By far, the most widely used pickups in acoustic stage guitars are saddle-based piezos. But despite some upsides like great feedback immunity, their noted drawback is a hard, sterile, and â€œquackyâ€ sound. This is because they only pick up sound from the bridge area, leaving out the body and string resonances that complete the guitarâ€™s rich, complex sound. Magnetic sound hole pickups and other types of systems also provide incomplete sound reproduction, resulting in their own tonal drawbacks. Of course, playing into a microphone can deliver natural results, but using one is impractical in all but the most controlled stage environments.
Thatâ€™s where the AD-10â€™s innovative Acoustic Resonance feature comes in. Using sophisticated BOSS technology, Acoustic Resonance analyzes your pickup signal and recreates the missing body and string resonances, restoring the elements that are essential for natural acoustic sound. The AD-10â€™s Acoustic Resonance implementation has been greatly expanded from previous generations, offering more powerful processing, three different resonance types, and the ability to balance the tonal characteristics to perfectly match your performing needs.Â
PRESERVE YOUR SOUND WITH MULTI-LEVEL FEEDBACK PROTECTION
Because of their highly resonant construction, acoustic guitars are prone to problems with low-frequency feedback in stage situations. There are many variables that factor into the severity of feedback issues, including the instrument type, the pickup system, the location of the instrument relative to the speakers, and more. The advanced processing engine in the AD-10 goes well beyond the capabilities other preamps, providing multiple levels of feedba
- Professional preamp/DI for performing and recording with acoustic-electric guitar
- Acoustic Resonance restores the warm and rich resonance lost with most pickup systems
- Four-band EQ and variable low-cut filter tuned to deliver optimized tone shaping for acoustic guitar
- Multi-band compressor with MDP technology provides transparent dynamics control
- Newly developed anti-feedback functions control feedback while maintaining balanced tone
- Two channels with independent EQ for connecting two instruments or blending multiple pickup sources
- Onboard ambience, delay, and chorus effects with multiple sound types and adjustable parameters
- Boost function with adjustable tone setting
- Memory function for storing 10 sound setups
- Onboard looper with 80 seconds of recording time
- XLR and ¼-inch connectivity for interfacing with PA systems, stage monitors, amps, and external effects
- USB audio interface functionality for computer recording and playback
- Fast and accurate built-in tuner
- Compact and portable design; runs on AC adapter or six AA-size batteries
NOMINAL INPUT LEVEL
- GUITAR IN 1,2: -10 dBu (Adjustable)
- RETURN: -10 dBu
- GUITAR IN 1,2: 10 M ohms
- RETURN: 220 k ohms
NOMINAL OUTPUT LEVEL
- SEND: -10 dBu
- LINE OUT L/PHONES, R/MONO: -10 dBu
- XLR OUT L, R: -10 dBu
- SEND: 1 k ohm
- LINE OUT L/PHONES, R/MONO: 44 ohm
- XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms
NUMBER OF MEMORY
- ACOUSTIC RESONANCE (3Type)
- COMP (2Type)
- 4 BAND EQ, LOW CUT
- CHORUS (3Type)
- DELAY (3Type)
- REVERB (3Type)
- ANTI-FEEDBACK (REDUCTION, NOTCHx2)
- GUITAR IN 1,2 jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- SEND: 1/4-inch phone type
- RETURN: 1/4-inch phone type
- XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type
- LINE OUT L/PHONES, R/MONO jacks: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP/CTL1,2 jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- AC adaptor
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
EXPECTED BATTERY LIFE UNDER CONTINUOUS USE
- Alkaline battery: Approx. 6 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- AC adaptor
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.