*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Dial Up Big Vintage Tube Tones, Bright Modern Slap Sounds, Gnarly Distortion And Everything In Between With The Tech 21 SanAmp Bass Driver DI V2
The SansAmp Bass Driver DI has been an arsenal staple for players and studios almost since the day it was introduced in 1994. This multi-function, multi-application pedal dials up big vintage tube tones, bright modern slap sounds, gnarly distortions, and all in between. So, after all these years, why change it now?
There are three different outputs to drive power amps, recording desks, PA mixers, or simply enhance your current rig. Controls include Presence for definition and upper harmonic content; Blend to combine the proportion of direct signal and SansAmp circuitry; and active EQ specifically tuned for bass with 12dB of cut or boost.
Version 2 Tweaks
With the popularity of 5- and 6-string basses going beyond fad status and becoming mainstream, we added a switch to adjust the bass frequency to extend into those lower registers. We also added a mid-range control and a switch to adjust its frequency. The core of the SansAmp Bass Driver and all of its tones remain true to its original design.
The controls offer a broad range of traditional bass amp sounds, including such meaty styles as Bassman and SVT, as well as raunchy, crunchy overdriven sounds that would typically require a multitude of effects units.
For studio and live applications, SansAmp Bass Driver DI is engineered with three outputs: an effected XLR, and effected 1/4", and a parallel, uneffected 1/4". The footswitch activates the Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry. Disengaging the circuitry enables you to use SansAmp Bass Driver DI as a standard active transparent direct box.
Sample style settings include Bassman, SVT, King's X, Slap, Reggae, Crimson. Settings are also included for Chapman Stick and Acoustic guitar.
- Presence: Controls the amount of definition and upper harmonic content.
- Drive: Adjusts the overall gain structure and overdrive.
- Level: Regulates the XLR and effected 1/4" output levels.
- Blend: Allows you to mix the direct bass signal with SansAmp Tube Amplifier Emulation circuitry (which is particularly useful for basses equipped with piezo pickups).
- Bass & Treble: Active EQ controls, specifically tuned for bass guitar, that cut or boost +/- 12dB.
- *Operable with phantom power supply, minimum 24 V DC regulated, however, 48 V DC regulated is recommended in order to illuminate LED.
- Utilizes standard 9 V alkaline battery (not included). To install, simply remove door cover.(Note: The Input activates battery. To conserve energy, unplug when not in use.)
- Power Consumption: approx. 6mA.
- *USE DC POWER SUPPLY ONLY! Failure to do so may damage the unit and void warranty.
Required Power Supply Specifications
- 9 V DC regulated or unregulated, 100mA minimum;
- 2.1mm female plug, center negative(-).
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.