In most circumstances, we will process your order within one business day of receipt. Online orders placed on Friday will ship the following Monday.
Free shipping on most online orders over $100 to the contiguous United States Only (AK, HI, APO/FPO, USVI, PR, NOT ELIGIBLE).
Due to the shipping costs associated with these locations, an extra surcharge will apply and cannot be quoted via the website. A team member will contact you to arrange payment for the extra shipping costs.
Some items cannot ship for free and will not have that option available at checkout. In the event that the item you are purchasing needs to ship by truck, you will be contacted by a sales representative with a shipping quote and will need to supply additional shipping payment information.
*Oversized items and shipments to FPO/APO addresses may incur additional shipping charges.
Most orders are shipped using standard, overland 5-day delivery schedules. We use the United States Post Office or Federal Express under most circumstances.
We do not offer International Shipping from our website, however if you wish to purchase an item listed on our site and have it shipped internationally please contact us at email@example.com and provide a call back phone number and the URL to the item of interest..
If you need to track your shipment, please refer to your order status and tracking number. Please note that all charges are stated in United States currency. All weights are stated in US measurements (1 US pound equals approximately 0.45 kg.)
*For security purposes, all orders will be shipped to the shipping address listed, under no circumstances will we accept rerouting requests once a package has left our facility.
Returns & Refunds
Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center Return Policy
Last updated: April 7th, 2022
We offer full refunds for unopened and unused products, in their original packaging, in good condition returned to Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center (11151 Veirs Mill Rd., Wheaton, MD 20902) in person or via a return shipment within 30 days of the purchase date. Cost of shipping will not be refunded for items shipped to you, or for rush delivery to the store. This includes any costs on orders that ship for free. Special order items will be subject to a 15% restock fee and, in some cases, may not be returnable. Please contact your salesperson for more information on special order items. Returns are NOT accepted on the following items due to health and/or licensing regulations: harmonicas, mouthpieces, microphones, software, books, CDs, DVDs, strings, reeds, headphones, in-ear monitors, bulbs, tubes, raw speakers, layaway deposits, special order items.
**International Customers -- We cannot accept returns for any items shipped outside of the United States or outlying territories. Additionally, please note that some companies may not honor their manufacturer's warranty for items shipped outside of the United States. For questions regarding this policy please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 301-946-8808.
A copy of your original receipt is required with the product in ALL cases. All other return inquiries will be assessed at a minimum 15% restock fee, subject to inspection of the unit to be returned and at the discretion of management.
Here’s what we’d like you to remember: Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center always has been and remains a family-run business in practice and in spirit. That means we understand the need for flexibility in specific situations. There’s always a Levin at or near the store to address your concerns, answer questions or discuss any matters of importance to you. Call us any time at 301-946-8808.
Shipping Damage or Defects
When you receive your order, please take some time to check and see if you have received all the merchandise you ordered, and that it is in good condition. If you have anything that is missing, damaged or defective please call us immediately at 301-946-8808. Motor freight shipments need to be inspected while the driver is present if at all possible, especially if you notice damage to the box. The damage must be noted on the bill of lading. When you call to inform us of the problem, we will make arrangements at that time for your replacement or credit. Please do not discard the box or packing material.
For Packages Delivered via UPS or FedEx:
- If an item shows visible damage upon delivery and you don’t feel safe that the contents of the package could possibly be in good working order, you may simply refuse the shipment with the shipper and contact us to arrange for a replacement.
- If the package contains hidden shipping damage (damage you find after taking delivery of the package) contact the shipping company immediately for inspection of the package.
- PLEASE TAKE PICTURES of all outer boxes and hidden damage.
- For UPS, call 1-800-PICK-UPS
- For FedEx call 1-800-463-3339
- Be sure to keep the original box and all of the original packaging for the shipping company to inspect.
For Packages delivered by a Freight Trucking Company:
- Please inspect the outward appearance of the package BEFORE you sign for it or accept delivery. If the package has visible external damage to the box, you may refuse the shipment altogether OR while the shipper is still there you can open and inspect the contents of the package BEFORE you sign for it.
- If the package contains hidden shipping damage (damage you find after taking delivery of the package) contact the store immediately so that we may arrange for inspection of the package. Be sure to keep the original box and all of the original packaging for the shipping company to inspect.
- Once you have contacted the shipping company, contact us, so that we may arrange to replace your order. Once we receive confirmation that your package has been inspected and picked up, we can issue a replacement.
What to do when returning a damaged or defective item:
- You must contact Chuck Levin’s before returning any item.
- We need to know what you are returning and the reason for the return. If we don't know about your return, your credit/exchange could be significantly delayed.
- Depending upon the reason for your return, and the timeliness of your return, you may be assessed a restock fee of at least 15%. Please package item well.