Blow Your Audience Away With The Theo Wanne DURGA 3 Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece - Gold Metal, Size 7*
The Durga tenor has a big, rich, and contemporary sound. It is simultaneously powerful and fat sounding. It can scream and play amazing ballads. No longer does the saxophonist need to have a thin sound in order to get huge power and projection.
The sound is just downright sexy.
The secret to the Durga lies in a uniquely designed baffle coupled with deeply rounded inner side walls and a special version of the True Large Chamber incorporating an Inverted-Power-Ring. The Inverted Power Ring is set at the back of the chamber and works with the physics principle of the boundary layer effect™ much like a golf ball's dimples. This allows the mouthpiece to get all the benefits of our True Large Chamber and the extra power needed for contemporary playing.
No other mouthpiece in history has been designed like this; it will blow you away since it can both scream and play a soft ballad. It is so much fun to play. Its huge sound makes everything before it sounds thin and/or stuffy by comparison.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance.
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed!
- Radical Inverted Power Ring and our True Large Chamber
- Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip
- Uniquely shaped long step baffle
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating
- Ligature: The metal DURGA includes Theo Wanne's integrated two-point contact Gold Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap - The most secure cap in the world
- Bite Pad: User replaceable bite pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads
Model: DURGA 3 TG7S
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.