*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
A Rich, Warm Sound, Perfect For Student Players - The Yamaha YCL-221II Standard Bass Clarinet
A two-piece body and compact case design make this student bass clarinet the "school-bus-friendly" choice!
- Matte finished ABS resin body - The matte finish gives the clarinet a much better appearance, while the ABS resin body makes the clarinet more lightweight and very durable while giving it a warmer sound and an excellent response.
- Redesigned neck angle - The neck angle is now the same as that of the professional models, resulting in a much more comfortable and natural playing position.
- Leather pads with plastic resonators - These pads (also used on our saxophones) are longer lasting and provide a better feel with increased projection than standard clarinet pads.
- Redesigned register tone hole - This tone hole was scientifically designed and placed for extremely accurate intonation.
- Rounded bridge key connector - The rounded key prevents key damage and eliminates the need to hold the keys when putting the instrument together.
- New joint system - The rubber rings surrounding the cork help to prevent air leaks, ease assembly and prevent keys from binding.
- Compact ABS case - This durable lightweight case is smaller and easier for children to carry, making it much more bus-friendly. This case is also stackable and will take up much less space in the band room.
- Level: Standard Bass
- Key: Bb
- Fingering: Boehm
- Key SYstem: 20 keys, 7 covered finger holes
- Body Material: Matte ABS Resin, 2 piece
- Barrel Material: Nickel Silver
- Bell Material: Nickel Silver
- Key Material: Nickel Silver
- Plating: Nickel
- Bore: Molded
- Tone Holes: Straight
- Thumb Rest: Adjustable
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4C
- Mouthpiece Cap: Plastic
- Ligature: Nickel-Plated
- Spring Type: Blue steel needle
- Pad Type: Tan leather with tone boosters
- Posts: Threaded
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.