A Rich, Warm Sound, Perfect For Student Players - The Yamaha YCL-221II Standard Bass Clarinet
A two-piece body and compact case design make this student bass clarinet the "school-bus-friendly" choice!
- Matte finished ABS resin body - The matte finish gives the clarinet a much better appearance, while the ABS resin body makes the clarinet more lightweight and very durable while giving it a warmer sound and an excellent response.
- Redesigned neck angle - The neck angle is now the same as that of the professional models, resulting in a much more comfortable and natural playing position.
- Leather pads with plastic resonators - These pads (also used on our saxophones) are longer lasting and provide a better feel with increased projection than standard clarinet pads.
- Redesigned register tone hole - This tone hole was scientifically designed and placed for extremely accurate intonation.
- Rounded bridge key connector - The rounded key prevents key damage and eliminates the need to hold the keys when putting the instrument together.
- New joint system - The rubber rings surrounding the cork help to prevent air leaks, ease assembly and prevent keys from binding.
- Compact ABS case - This durable lightweight case is smaller and easier for children to carry, making it much more bus-friendly. This case is also stackable and will take up much less space in the band room.
- Level: Standard Bass
- Key: Bb
- Fingering: Boehm
- Key SYstem: 20 keys, 7 covered finger holes
- Body Material: Matte ABS Resin, 2 piece
- Barrel Material: Nickel Silver
- Bell Material: Nickel Silver
- Key Material: Nickel Silver
- Plating: Nickel
- Bore: Molded
- Tone Holes: Straight
- Thumb Rest: Adjustable
- Mouthpiece: Yamaha 4C
- Mouthpiece Cap: Plastic
- Ligature: Nickel-Plated
- Spring Type: Blue steel needle
- Pad Type: Tan leather with tone boosters
- Posts: Threaded
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA62031
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device