OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Get Yamaha's Most Recent Iteration of Excellence with the Yamaha YTR-9445NYS-YM III Custom Xeno Artist Model "New York" Series C Trumpet
Xeno Artist Model trumpets are based on years of research and development by looking at every aspect of trumpet design and performance to meet the critical demands of artists at the pinnacle of modern trumpet playing. All materials and parts have been thoroughly reviewed, and production refined to deliver an unprecedented balance and sound and feel. The combination of design and collaboration with leading artists around the world continues to elevate Xeno Artist Model performance to new heights.
- The "New York" Series - The New York Series of Artist Model Trumpet is based on traditional styling with advanced refinements and was developed in cooperation with some of America's most renowned orchestral trumpeters. The first generation was developed with Robert Sullivan, former associate principal trumpet with the New York Philharmonic. The widely acclaimed second and third generations, with David Bilger, principal trumpet with the Philadelphia Orchestra and Tom Rolfs, principal trumpet with the Boston Symphony who collaborated on the development of the second and third generations of an additional version of the New York C trumpet YTR-9445NYS-YM. This version of the New York model C trumpet features a YM bell taper which is more steeply flared and was designed to achieve a clear, richly defined tone that was preferred by Mr. Rolfs in Boston Symphony Hall's legendary acoustic environment. The YM model C trumpet is the choice for the renowned Boston Symphony Orchestra trumpet section.
- Valve Casing - Based on new findings acquired through research into vintage trumpets, the dimensions and thickness of parts of the valve casing have been revised for the 2019 model. The refined valve casing and lightweight pistons work together to deliver significantly improved response for even greater clarity in detailed passages.
- Water Key - The Xeno Artist Model trumpet water key contributes to the instrumentâ€™s resonance in a significant way. The weight distribution of the water key arm and saddle improve playability and response while enhancing high resister accessibility.
- Water Key Cork - A new rubber cork material* that is more resistant to deterioration over time is used for the water key seal. These modifications contribute to improved definition, projection, and response. *Rubber cork: Cork particles are evenly distributed through a synthetic rubber, achieving greater compression resilience than conventional cork.
- Bell Design - The bell features a design that is narrower toward the valve casing, and a square-cornered bell bow that provides the performer with a more balanced resistance. The steeply flared YM bell produces a clear, well-defined tone.
- French Bead - Unlike traditional methods where a round rim curl is used, a French bead is an advanced technique that matches the curl to the shape of a semi-cylindrical rim and is characterized by improved feedback of sound to the performer.
- Leadpipe - Utilizing a leadpipe that is thicker than current designs, an original style Malone Pipeâ„¢ (MC2), and a lighter mouthpiece receiver, tone and response have been improved while providing the performer with ideal blowing resistance. Also the finger hook is not soldered to the leadpipe. You will hear and feel the difference in tone quality and response.
- 3rd Valve Slide - The 3rd valve slide position is designed to allow the slide to be extended enough so that accurate low F pitch can be achieved. The button at the tip of the slide and the quarter circle stopper ring help to fine-tune the playing resistance for superior comfort and playability.
- Slide Stopper - The slide stopper is designed to prevent the first and third valve slides
Model: YTR-9445NYS-YM III
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA94779
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device