Get A Great Subwoofer For Your PA System With The Electro-Voice TX1181 18" Passive Subwoofer
The Electro-Voice® TX1181 is a high power subwoofer that can be used to extend the low frequency performance of the TX1122 and TX1152 loudspeaker systems.
The TX1181 uses the EVS-18S, a high excursion 18” woofer, coupled to well braced enclosure with large, low distortion ports, to add high impact bass response to any fullrange loudspeaker. An integrated low pass filter allows the TX1181 to be connected in parallel with a TX1122 or TX1152 on a single amplifier channel, eliminating the need for additional amplifier channels and processing.
The TX1181 has many features that make it a versatile subwoofer system. The enclosure is constructed out of a combination of MDF and plywood, and coated with EVCoatTM for maximum strength and durability. The unique grille design is very strong, dent resistant, and features a rotatable logo. Four way handles allow for gripping the TX1181 in a variety of positions. The recessed input panel with dual NL4 connectors keeps the connectors hidden and allows for closer placement to a wall or other boundary. An integrated pole mount allows for elevating a TX1122 or TX1152, and integrated mounting points on the rear of the enclosure allow the optional TX-W1 wheel kit to be attached for easy portability.
- EVS-18S 18" (457mm) LF Transducer
- 100 dB Sensitivity, 132 dB Maximum SPL
- Integrated Low Pass Filter with 6 dB/Octave Slope
- 500W Continuous (2000W Peak) Power Handling
- Pole Mount to Elevate a Two-Way Loudspeaker
- Mounting Points to Attach Optional TX-W1 Wheel Ki
- Freq. Response1 (-3 dB): 50 Hz - 160 Hz
- Freq. Range1 (-10 dB): 45 Hz - 700 Hz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency: 30 Hz
- Axial Sensitivity1: 100 dB (1W/1m)
- Max. Calculated SPL1: 132 dB
- Horizontal Coverage: Omnidirectional
- Vertical Coverage: Omnidirectional
- Power Handling: 500W Continuous, 2000W Peak
- LF Transducer: EVS-18S, 18 in (457mm) Driver
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 7.5 Ohms
- Connectors: (2) Neutrik Speakon NL4's
- Enclosure Material: Plywood and MDF with EVCoatTM
- Grille: 16 GA Steel, Black Powdercoat, with Rotatable Logo
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 30.3" x 20.0" x 23.3" (769mm x 508mm x 591mm)
- Net Weight: 74.5 lbs (33.8 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 88.0 lbs (40.0 kg)
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.