*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get A Preamp For Various Recording Settings With The API 512C Discrete Mic/Line Preamp
The API 512c is a mic / line / instrument preamp, world famous for its ability to provide a low noise (-129 EIN) and unusually good sounding front end for all types of audio applications. Sonically, it delivers the distinct API sound at an affordable price, and in the scalable API 500 Series format. Offering an impressive 65 dB of gain, the 512c includes phantom power, switchable polarity, -20 dB pad and Mic or Instrument/Line selector. Front panel XLR and 1/4 inch connectors combined with rear panel mic access allows for additional flexibility when installed into an API lunchbox, API's 10 position 500V vertical rack, or an API console.
The API 512c remains faithful to the circuit designs of API's founder Saul Walker. Artfully combining those circuits with API's proprietary transformers and the incomparable 2520 op-amp, the 512c is a highly musical and rich-sounding analog mic pre, equally at home in commercial recording spaces as it is in smaller home studios. Fully featured and still hand assembled, the 512c exhibits the reliability, long life, and uniformity which are characteristic of all API products.
- Mic Preamp with 65 dB of gain
- Front and Back Panel Mic Input Access
- Line/Instrument Preamp with 45 dB of gain
- Front Panel Line/Instrument Input
- LED VU meter for monitoring output level
- 20 dB pad switch, applies to mic/line/instrument
- 48v Phantom switchable power
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design with 2520 Op Amp
- Features API's unique Five Year Warranty
- Rear Connector: Output on edge connector, MIC Input on edge connector, can be defeated
- Front Connectors: XLR MIC Input, HI-Z 1/4" Unbal Input
- Gain Range: MIC: 34dB to 65dB (14dB to 45dB w/PAD). HI-Z: 14dB to 45dB (-6dB to 25dB w/PAD)
- Maximum Input Levels: MIC, +8 dBu, Unbal HI-Z Input, +36 dBu
- Input Impedance: MIC Input, 1500 Ohms (150 Ohm mic), HI-Z Unbal Input, 400 K Ohms (20 K Ohms with pad)
- Output Impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, Transformer Balanced
- Clipping Level: +30 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.3, 30 to 20 kHz
- Noise: Equivalent Input Noise: -129, Mic In. -125, Un-Balanced In.
- Actual Metered Noise: Mic, -95 dBu, Un-Bal., -90 dBu
- Distortion: Less than .05% @ +4 Out, Less than .1% @ +28 Out
- Power Consumption: ±12/18 Volts/DC, @40 ma.
- Size: 1.5" X 5.25" X 7" Deep
- Size (Boxed for Shipping): 4.5" X 6.5" X 10.25"
- Actual Weight: 1.41 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 1.94 lbs.
Manufacturer: Automated Processes Inc
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details