*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Flagship Sound Quality. Vintage Mic Preamp Emulation. Apogee Hardware DSP with Premium Plugins and Immersive Touch Screen Interface.
Symphony Desktop for Mac, iPad Pro, and Windows packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub, and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps.
By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin, and ultra-low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins, Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality Advantage.
Symphony Desktop - Complete FX Bundle Now Included!
Along with the Symphony ECS Channel Strip and Clearmountain’s Spaces plugins, customers who purchase Symphony Deskto for $1495 (USD) will now receive the Pultech EQP-1A, Pultec MEQ-5, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6, and ModComp Native and Dual Path plugins.
Cutting edge analog and digital components selected by curious and critical ears
As a Symphony family product, Symphony Desktop benefits from Apogee’s core mission to design the finest performing audio interfaces using cutting edge analog and digital components, carefully selected by ear. While others cut costs and rely on conventional design approaches, we use innovative components and circuit optimization to consistently improve the performance of our products.
A/D Conversion - Faithfully Capture Every Nuance
Like Symphony I/O Mk II, Symphony Desktop’s analog-to-digital convertor stage features ultra-low distortion, high slew rate, fully differential analog op-amps plus a cutting edge A/D convertor in a performance-enhancing dual-sum configuration. Create with the confidence that every nuance of your analog input is faithfully reproduced in the digital domain.
D/A Conversion - A Widescreen Window Into Your Mix
The digital-to-analog stage of Symphony Desktop features brand new technology that provides uncompromising Symphony DAC performance in a portable product, including a robust ultra-low distortion, high-current, fully balanced output driver. Regardless of downstream connections, Symphony Desktop delivers a transparent, widescreen window into the sonic landscape of your mix.
Mic Preamps - Superior Performance + Alloy Preamp Emulations
At the core of the input stage, are Symphony Desktop’s mic preamps offering up to 75dB of gain. The preamp design features Apogee’s unique Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture which ensures ultra-low noise and distortion regardless of the source, from pounding kick drum to delicate fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar. With variable impedance settings on both mic and instrument inputs, Symphony Desktop optimizes the input stage to better match your specific devices, for deep lows and clear highs. Selectable Apogee Alloy mic preamp emulations add character, attitude, and maybe a bit of grit to your recordings.
Two Headphone Outputs - Equipped with Dual Sum ESS DACs
Symphony Desktop has two completely independent ultra-low impedance headphone outputs, individually routable, both equipped with dual-sum ESS DACs. The output power range is tailored to the expected type of headphones: the front panel output can drive virtually any headphones, while the rear panel output is specifically tailored for high-efficiency headphones.
- Most affordable Symphony series interface ever
- Cutting edge components and circuit design deliver detailed and pristine flagship sound quality
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps, up to 75dB of gain, variable impedance
- FET instrument input with electric guitar tube amp characteristics
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling) Includes British Solid State & 50s American Tube
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Includes Symphony ECS Channel Strip Tuned by Bob Clearmountain – Native and hardware DSP versions with EQ, Compression, and Saturation
- Includes Clearmountain’s Spaces reverb plugin
- Flexible, zero-latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor, and DualPath Link workflows
- Dynamic touch screen display for comprehensive hardware control
- 2 fully balanced 1/4″ outputs
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- MIDI over USB
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT, S/PDIF)
- USB 2.0 over USB Type C connector
- Works with: macOS, Windows, iPad Pro
- macOS: 10.12 or later
- iOS/iPad pro: iOS 13
- PC: Windows 10 Anniversary update or later
- Included Apogee FX Plugins
- Symphony ECS Channel Strip – Native and hardware DSP versions
- EQ | Compressor | Saturation
- Clearmountain’s Spaces Reverb – Native plugin
- Included Mic Preamp Emulations
- British Solid State
- 50s American Tube
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.