*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Get A Multi-Channel Audio Interface Featuring Apogee’s Newest Flagship AD/DA And Intuitive Touchscreen Display - The Apogee Symphony I/O MKII 16 x 16 Thunderbolt Audio Interface
The Apogee Symphony I/O Mk II is a multi-channel audio interface featuring Apogee’s newest flagship AD/DA conversion, modular I/O (up to 32 inputs and outputs), intuitive touchscreen display and optional world-class microphone preamps. Designed to deliver professional sound quality for audio recording, mixing and mastering, Symphony I/O Mk II is the ultimate music production centerpiece for any modern studio.
The new Symphony I/O Mk II comes with direct connectivity to one of three different platforms – Thunderbolt™, Pro Tools® HD or Waves SoundGrid® network.
INPUT AND OUTPUT FLEXIBILITY
There is a Symphony I/O Mk II solution for everyone; the home studio, project studio, commercial recording studio and scoring stage. Choose from four base I/O configurations, 2×6, 8×8, 16×16, or 8×8 with 8 mic preamps and easily expand as your studio grows. With two module slots and the capacity for up to 32 inputs and outputs of A/D & D/A conversion per unit, Symphony I/O Mk II offers the best per-channel value of any interface in its category.
LEGENDARY SOUND QUALITY
Apogee engineers have made it their passion to improve every new flagship product by using the latest in electrical components and designing optimized circuitry that often exceeds the expectations of the component manufacturer. This is the Apogee Advantage. Symphony I/O Mk II is the culmination of this 30 year commitment and raises the bar on all Apogee products before it with even better audio clarity and sonic transparency. In fact, when equipped with either the new 8×8 or 16×16 Mk II I/O modules, Symphony I/O Mk II outperforms all other multi-channel audio interfaces available for Pro Tools HD or Thunderbolt based systems, making it the flagship audio interface for the entire professional audio industry and the obvious choice for countless GRAMMY winning artists, producers, songwriters and engineers.
For connecting to a Thunderbolt equipped Mac running Logic Pro X or any other Core Audio compatible DAW. Up to 32 simultaneous inputs and outputs per unit/system and latency as low as 1.35 ms in Logic Pro X (96kHz / 32 buffer).
- - - - - The Magic is in the Modules
The I/O Modules are the sound and soul of Symphony I/O Mk II, and represent over 30 years of Apogee R&D and design excellence. These powerful Modules deliver Apogee’s core competency: superior sounding digital audio recording. With 3 available I/O Modules and an 8 channel mic preamp module, you can choose from base configurations or expand to grow your studio’s capabilities.
Symphony’s I/O modules are designed to future-proof your investment in flagship Apogee sound quality. If you own an original Symphony I/O, the Symphony I/O Mk II chassis can increase the longevity of your system by offering backwards compatibility with first generation 2×6, 8×8, 16×16 and 8 channel mic preamp I/O modules.
FRONT PANEL TOUCHSCREEN WITH COMPREHENSIVE CONTROL
All of Symphony I/O Mk II’s essential input and output settings can be accessed from the front panel touchscreen. Change your input selection, monitoring levels, mic pre gain or calibrate your Symphony I/O Mk II to match the levels of the other analog gear in your system.
A high-resolution TFT display delivers all the visual feedback critical for recording and monitoring. Without looking at your computer, Symphony I/O Mk II lets you see metering for up to 64 channels of I/O, 32 IN x 32 OUT – signal levels, po
- Best AD/DA conversion of any Thunderbolt™ audio interface
- Up to 32 channels of modular analog I/O with optional 8 mic preamps
- Original Symphony I/O modules are compatible with new Mk II chassis
- Best per-channel value of any interface in its category
- Choice of Thunderbolt or Pro Tools® HD (Mac/PC) connectivity
- Waves SoundGrid® and Dante connectivity coming soon
- Ultra-low latency performance – 1.35 ms with Thunderbolt and Logic Pro X
- All new, highly customizable Symphony Control software provides easy access to all I/O parameters
- Intuitive touchscreen display and front panel control
- Designed in California, Built in the U.S.A.
- Analog IN: 16 balanced inputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax IN: S/PDIF on 1 RCA connector
- Analog OUT: 16 balanced outputs on 2 DSUB 25-pin connectors
- Coax OUT: Supports SPDIF on 1 RCA connector
Analog to Digital:
- THD+N: -114dB @ 22dBu (0.00020%)
- Dynamic range: 122dB A weighted
- Maximum input levels:
- +4dB setting: +24dBu
- -10dB setting: +6dBV
- Frequency response at 44.1kHz: 1-20,000 Hz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Input impedance: 10K
Digital to Analog:
- THD+N: -117dB @ 21dBu (0.00014%)
- Dynamic Range: 129dB A weighted
- Max output levels – ∞ to +24dBu
- Frequency response at 44.1 kHz: dc to 20kHz (+/- 0.05dB)
- Output impedance: 25 Ohm
- Outputs are balanced through Apogee’s proprietary Perfect Symmetry Circuitry (PSC)
- 1 stereo 1/4″ headphone output on front panel
- -110dB @19dBu into 600 Ohm (=80mW)
- -101dB @14dBu into 32 Ohm (=470mW)
- Dynamic Range: 121db A weighted
- Output: Apogee’s proprietary Constant Current Drive™ provides smooth frequency response with any headphones
- 90-240VAC, 50-60Hz, 150W
- Thunderbolt: Mac OS only 10.9.5 and above
- HD: Any Mac or PC running Pro Tools HD 9 or greater
- Symphony I/O Mk II Interface
- Power Cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Booklet
Symphony I/O Mk II Dimensions:
- Inches: 17.75 (19 with Rack Ears) x 11.5 x 3.5
- Centimeters: 45 (48.26 with Rack Ears) x 29.2 x 8.9
- Symphony I/O Chassis Box
- Inches: 22.875 x 17.75 x 9.25
- Centimeters: 58.1 x 45.1 x 23.5
I/O Module Box
- Inches: 13.75 x 12.25 x 3.25
- Centimeters: 34.9 x 31.1 x 8.3
- Thunderbolt cable (Sold separately)
- 44.1kHz – 192kHz
- Latency: 1.35 ms with Logic Pro X (96 kHz / 32 buffer)
- Thunderbolt-enabled Mac computer, including Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, iMac & MacBook Air
- Operating System: Mac OS 10.9.5 or greater
- Maestro app (included in softwa
UPC: 805676 301563
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.