Get An All In One Unit That Will Take Your Sequencing To The Next Level - The Arturia BeatStep Pro Controller
Put simply, Arturia BeatStep Pro has been designed from the ground up to provide an amazing hands-on hardware sequencing experience with 16 touch-sensitive knobs for the entering of pitch, gate, velocity amounts, and timing shifts per step. It includes two independent (color-coded) monophonic step sequencers, each with dedicated displays to show the current playback position and bank length of the currently selected sequence. SEQUENCER 1 and SEQUENCER 2 have been greatly expanded with up to 64 steps per sequence, 16 sequences per project, and 16 projects, making Arturia BeatStep Pro one of the most impressive step sequencers ever made. Moreover, each sequencer has its own 1V/Oct CV (Control Voltage) and (10V) GATE outputs to connect to suitably-equipped analog monosynths, such as Arturia's award-winning MiniBrute or MicroBrute, together with a separate VELO (Velocity) output to allow for even more possibilities when working with a modular synth system setup.
An additional DRUM sequencer allows for 16 separate tracks of sequencing. Record in quantized realtime via the 16 pressure-sensitive pads or use the 16 step buttons for a classic drum machine workflow. Speaking of which, when working in SEQ1 and SEQ2 mode those pads can control pitch transposition as well as accessing various musical scales - such as Chromatic, Major, Minor, Dorian, Mixolydian, Harm Minor, Blues, and also a User setting - while the DRUM sequencer itself also has eight DRUM GATES at its disposal (to send gate outputs from the corresponding pads for triggering external devices). Drums and sequences living in perfect harmony, see? Believe us, seeing is believing!
Arturia BeatStep Pro is also a controller, of course. Switching from PROJECT to CONTROL MODE means users can trigger clips in their favorite DAW (Digital Audio Workstation), play drum sounds from an external module, or adjust parameters in their favorite plug-in. Possibilities are (almost) endless, limited only by (lack of) imagination.
Indeed, the well-specified, super-slender Arturia BeatStep Pro is a highly-desirable design. One which goes well beyond any other step sequencer currently on the market, thanks to an added arsenal of performance effects such as a realtime ROLLER/LOOPER touch strip; PROBABILITY, RANDOMNESS, and SWING settings; plus other hands-on controls that are sure to make it a modern-day classic for tomorrow. To see one is to surely want one. Just as well, then, that it comes complete with a Kensington lock to ensure that it stays with its rightful owner!
- Transport: Send MIDI Machine Control messages to start and stop your favorite DAW. Use Record mode to enter sequences or drum patterns in real-time.
- TRANS LNK/PRST LNK: Link your sequence preset or transposition changes so all sequencers change at the same time.
- Swing & Randomizer: Set swing amount per sequencer or globally. Add subtle or wild amounts of pattern unpredictability with the Randomness and Probability controls.
- Display: Displays the Tempo or the selected parameter value, which may be edited by the encoder. Tap a tempo or enable/disable the metronome with the gray button.
- Sync Mode: Select the internal clock or slave to a DAW, external MIDI clock, or analog/DIN sync.
- Sequence Control: SectionSelect sequences independently, set the Knobs mode for each sequencer, and mute or unmute sequences.
- Project/Control mode: Choose one of the 16 Projects or enter Control mode from here.
- Touch-sensitive knobs: Touch a knob to see its value in the display without editing it, then use the knobs to edit the pitch, gate, velocity values, and timing shifts per step.
- Step Buttons: The 16 Step buttons enable and disable the steps in the current sequencer during playback. They also can be used to select the current sequencer's preset.
- Pressure Sensitive Pads: The 16 highly responsive pads allow you to play sounds either in Control mode or Drum mode. They are also great for playing notes into the melodic sequencers and transposing the sequences during playback.
- CV/Gates: The 1 volt/octave CV/Gate outputs and the VELO output give each sequencer three ways to control a modular synth or our MiniBrute/MicroBrute analog synthesizers.
- Drum Gates: External devices can be triggered by Pads 1-8 and the drum sequencer using the Drum gate outputs.
- Clock: Send or receive standard square wave clocking signals by way of the Clock connectors. Use one of the included MIDI adaptors and BeatStep Pro will send or receive DIN sync with stop/start messages.
- MIDI: BeatStep Pro will interface with any MIDI-equipped gear using the included MIDI adaptors.
- USB: The USB port allows for standard class-compliant bus-powered operation. Use a USB power adaptor to run BeatStep Pro in a standalone situation.
- BeatStep Pro Unit
- Quick Start
- Registration Card
- 2x MIDI adaptors
- 1x Clock adaptor
- 1x Anti-ground-loop adaptor
Size & Weight
- Instrument size: 16.3 x 6.4 x 1.4 inches (415 x 163 x 36mm)
- Instrument weight: 3.20 lbs. (1.450 Kg)
- 2 monophonic step sequencers
- Up to 64 steps per sequence
- Note, velocity and gate time settings per step
- Note tie
16-track drum sequencer (one track per pad)
- MIDI controller mode
- Fully customizable for knobs, step buttons, and velocity and pressure-sensitive pads
- Send MIDI CC, note data, program changes
- 16 Projects, each with 16x2 sequences, 16 drum sequences, and a controller map.
- Performance controls
- Randomizer with Amount and Probability settings
- Real-time looper/roller touch strip
- Independent swing amount per sequence
- Touch-sensitive knobs
- Tap Tempo
- CV/GATE outputs (1 volt per octave CV, 10-volt gates)
- 8 drum gate outputs
- Clock sync with multiple standards
- MIDI In/Out with supplied MIDI adaptors
- USB class-compliant
- Supports full parameter and sequencing editing capability using our free MIDI Control Center software
- Kensington lock
Model: BEATSTEP PRO
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.