Get A Low Profile Stick Design With The Audio-Technica 4081 Phantom-Powered Ribbon Microphone
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Utilizing six new patents*, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
Mic cable shown in picture not included
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- Element: Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 30-18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 25 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-Noise Ratio: 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 152 g (5.4 oz)
- Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10 inch) long, 21.0 mm (0.83 inch) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: S13
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.