Get A Warm Smooth Sound With The Audio-Technica AT4080 Phantom-Powered Microphone
With the groundbreaking Audio-Technica AT4080, Audio-Technica achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics. Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. Utilizing six new patents, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference!
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Certified by the METAlliance (Music Engineering and Technology Alliance)
- Element: Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit: –39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 22 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-Noise Ratio : 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 474 g (16.7 oz)
- Dimensions: 177.5 mm (6.99 inch) long, 53.4 mm (2.10 inch) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8449a/SV shock mount for 5/8 inch-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
- Audio-Technica Case Style: R1
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.