Get Clear And Natural Recordings With The Audio-Technica AT897 Line And Gradient Condenser Microphone
Audio-Technica’s AT897 is designed for field audio acquisition in film/TV/video production, professional recording, wildlife recording and broadcast applications. It mounts conveniently on a DV camcorder without adding noticeable heft, and remains out of the frame even with compact digital cameras. This high-performance short shotgun offers outstanding long-distance audio pickup due to narrow acceptance angle of line + gradient design. It also features smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality and excellent off-axis rejection of sound arriving from the sides and rear of mic.
Does not include stand or cable
- Designed for video production and broadcast (ENG/EFP) audio acquisition
- Short length (11 inch) ensures mic stays out of the shot -- even when used with compact digital cameras
- Smooth, natural-sounding on-axis audio quality
- Provides the narrow acceptance angle desirable for long-distance sound pickup
- Excellent sound rejection from the sides and rear of mic
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Operates on battery or phantom power
- RoHS compliant—free from all substances specified in the EU directive on hazardous substances
- Element - Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
- Polar Pattern - Line + gradient
- Frequency Response - 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off - 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Open circuit Sensativity - Phantom: -40 dB (10.0 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa, Battery: -41 dB (8.9 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance -Phantom: 200 ohms, Battery: 300 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level - Phantom: 129 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D., Battery: 115 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range (typical) - Phantom: 112 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL, Battery: 98 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-Sound Ratio - 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements - 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
- Battery Type - 1.5V AA/UM3
- Battery Current/Life - 0.4 mA / 1200 hours typical (alkaline)
- Switch - Flat, roll-off (recessed)
- Output Connector - Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Audio-Technica Case Style SG2
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA83658
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device