*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
The ATEM Mini Extreme ISO Introduces Multi-Camera Live Production with Advanced Broadcast Features at a Low Cost
ATEM Mini switchers make it easy to create professional multi camera productions for live streaming to YouTube and innovative business presentations using Skype or Zoom! Simply connect ATEM Mini and you can switch live up to 8 high quality video camera inputs for dramatically better quality images. Or connect a computer for PowerPoint slides or gaming consoles. The built in DVE allows exciting picture in picture effects, perfect for commentary! There are loads of video effects too. ATEM Mini Extreme ISO has a USB that works like a webcam so you can use any streaming software, as well as use it's live streaming and recording to USB disk features. ATEM Mini Extreme ISO even has secret broadcast features for high end work!
Easy to Use and Fast to Learn
There's never been a switcher that's easier to use, as you simply press any of the input buttons labelled by number on the front panel to cut between video sources. You can choose between cut or effects transitions by selecting the cut or auto buttons. Unlike cut, the auto button tells ATEM Mini to use a video effect when switching inputs. You can select from exciting transitions such as dissolve, or more dramatic effects such as dip to color, DVE squeeze and DVE push. Add a DVE effect for picture in picture effects with customized picture positions and background. There are even "media players" which are a still store for titles and graphics that you can load via external software control.
Stream Live Interviews
ATEM Mini is perfect for interviews as you can connect multiple cameras for close ups of the host, or interviewee, as well as wide shots plus ATEM Mini is so small the host can even switch in small studios. Plus ATEM Mini Extreme ISO supports live streaming to YouTube, Facebook and more!
Business Presentations via Skype- Get dramatically better business presentations on Skype because ATEM Mini makes Skype see it as a webcam, so you can select it in the Skype settings! One camera can be a close up, another for a wide shot and a computer for PowerPoint presentations. The presenter can even use picture in picture!
Live Stream eSport Competitions- Live stream eSport competitions to Twitch by simply connecting multiple gaming consoles and a camera for a presenter. ATEM Mini operates up to 60 frames per second for fast gameplay and you can use picture in picture for commentary! You can even download titles direct from Photoshop!
Kickstarter and Investor Updates- Raise the professionalism of Kickstarter or investor presentations to fund your new product idea! Connect a camera for the presenter, a camera for a product close up and a computer for business plan slides. Then present live via Skype or Zoom and even post recordings for investors to view later!
Education and Training- ATEM Mini is perfect for educational videos! Setup is fast and easy, so you can travel to locations and record live multi camera video productions on a wide range of educational topics! Connect computers and cameras and use the ATEM Software Panel to load titles and perform video effects.
Edit Live Production with Separate ISO Recordings and DaVinci Resolve
The ATEM Extreme ISO allows you to edit your live event as it can record multiple video streams, including clean feeds of all inputs and programs, all at the same time! Media pool images used are also saved with the video files. The video files include metadata tags such as synced timecode and camera numbers. Imagine re-editing your show with new color grades, effects and graphics! Even the audio sources are all recorded so you can professionally remix your audio!
The Extreme ISO alsos save a DaVinci Resolve project file, so with a single click you can open your live production as a video edit. All cuts, dissolves and media pool graphics will be loaded. This means you can fine tune edit points or even completely replace shots! The DaVinci Resolve Sync Bin lets you select new shots via a multiview so it's very easy to use. You can even relink to Blackmagic RAW camera files for adding professional color correction and finishing in Ultra HD!
Includes Free ATEM Software Control Panel
The ATEM Software Control app unlocks the hidden power of ATEM Mini and allows access to every feature in the switcher. ATEM Software Control features a visual switcher user interface with parameter palettes for making quick adjustments. Although you can normally connect via USB, if you connect using Ethernet it's possible for multiple users to connect to ATEM Mini using separate copies of ATEM Software Control on different computers! The software lets you access full audio mixing with effects, load still frames and even do advanced macro programming! You can even save the switcher state as an XML file! If you need clip playback, you can even control HyperDeck disk recorders via Ethernet.
While ATEM Mini is easy to use, it's also hiding very powerful broadcast features! If you're interested in a career in the television industry, then ATEM Mini is perfect for training as it has the same features as switchers in high end broadcast studios. You get an ATEM Advanced Chroma Key, Fairlight audio mixer, DVE, still store for graphics and much more! Simply run the free ATEM Software Control app on Mac or Windows while connected via USB or Ethernet to access the extended features of the ATEM Mini. With a little experimentation you can learn how to produce broadcast quality live production. Only ATEM Mini is a true broadcast switcher hidden in a tiny and affordable design!
Monitor Sources and Status with ATEM Mini Pro Multiview!
When doing larger live productions with multiple cameras, it's very useful to see all your video sources at the same time on a single monitor. The ATEM Mini Pro and ATEM Mini Extreme models include a professional multiview that lets you see all video inputs, preview and program on a single HDMI television or monitor! Simply select M/V on the front panel video output control buttons to select multiview! Each camera view includes tally indicators so you know when each source is on-air, and each view also has custom labels and audio meters. Plus the ATEM Mini Extreme models allow you to select up to 16 custom views! Multiview even includes status for recording, streaming and the audio mixer!
In addition to 2 independent DVEs in the ATEM Mini Extreme models, there's also a powerful SuperSource multi layer processor with 4 extra DVE layers plus a background layer, that all appear to ATEM Mini Extreme as an additional input source. Any ATEM Mini Extreme video input can be used for each SuperSource DVE, then it’s all layered together over a media pool custom background. SuperSource is perfect for doing multiple picture in picture displays with people being interviewed because you can set up the effect before putting it to air, still keeping both main DVEs free for other tasks. SuperSource is just like having an extra multi-layer VFX switcher built in!
True Broadcast Style Mix Effects Switching
Although ATEM Mini works in "cut bus" mode when first purchased, it can also be changed to "program/preview" style operation, which is the way large broadcasters use live production switchers. Cut bus switching is easy and selecting any input will instantly switch to that source. However if you want to operate ATEM Mini like a true professional then you can change the switcher to program/preview using ATEM Software Control. Mix effects operation allows a source to be selected but it won't be put on air until you press the cut or auto buttons. That 2 step program/preview process means fewer mistakes. Program/preview operation is best for training students for a career in broadcast!
Built In Audio Mixer with 6 Band EQ, Compressor and Limiter
With a built in Fairlight audio mixer, ATEM Mini makes it possible to do complex live sound mixing. The internal mixer features enough channels for each HDMI input so you can mix audio from all sources! That's audio from all HDMI sources and the 2 stereo mic inputs. Each input channel features the highest quality 6 band parametric EQ and compressor, limiter, expander and noise gate as well as full panning. You can even set up the software to auto mix between inputs as you switch "AFV" or to live mix multiple sources together all at once. All this audio power can be controlled via ATEM Software Control, or you can add a Mackie compatible panel or even a massive Fairlight Audio Console!
- Total Video Inputs: 8
- Total Outputs: 2
- Total Aux Outputs: 2
- Total Audio Inputs: 2 x 3.5mm stereo mini jack
- Total Audio Outputs: 1 x 3.5mm stereo mini jack
- HDMI Video Inputs: 8 x HDMI type A, 10-bit HD switchable, 2 channel embedded audio
- Video Input Re-Sync: On all 8 HDMI inputs
- Frame Rate and Format Converters: On all 8 HDMI Inputs
- HDMI Program Outputs: 2
- Ethernet: Supports 10/100/1000 BaseT
- Computer Interface: 2 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1
- HD Video Input Standards: 720p50 - 1080p60
- HD Video Output Standards: 1080p23.98 - 1080p60
- Video Streaming Standards: 1080p23.98 - 1080p60
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 24-bit
- Color Space: Rec 709
- Colorspace Conversion: Hardware based real time
- HDMI Input Resolutions From Computers
- 1280 x 720p 50Hz, 59.94Hz and 60Hz
- 1920 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60Hz
- 1920 x 1080i 50, 59.94Hz and 60Hz
- Audio Mixer: 11 input x 2 channel mixer
- Analog Input: Unbalanced stereo
- Analog Input Delay: Up to 8 frames
- Input Impedance: 1.8k ohms
- Max Input Level: +6dBV
- Mic Plug In Power: Available on both 3.5mm mini jack connections
- Direct Recording Video and Audio: USB-C 3.1 Gen 1 expansion port can record directly to external media
- Audio Recording: 10 x 2 channel audio inputs recorded as separate 24‑bit 48KHz .wav files
- Video Recording
- 8 x HDMI ISO inputs as H.264 .mp4 files at up to 70Mb/s quality
- 1 x Program out as H.264 .mp4 file at the Streaming quality setting
- Switching: Program switching recorded as a DaVinci Resolve project .drp file
- Media Format: Supports media formatted ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file system
- ATEM Mini Extreme ISO supports direct live streaming using Real Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) over ethernet or a shared mobile internet connection over USB‑C
Multi View Monitoring
- Monitoring: Configurable to 16, 13, 10, 7 or 4 up views including Program, Preview, 8 HDMI inputs, SuperSource, Clean Feed, Media Player, Streaming Status, Recording Status and Audio Meters
- Multi View Video Standard: HD
- Media Players: 2
- Channels: Fill and key for each Media Player
- Media Pool Still Image Capacity: 20 with fill and key
- Media Pool Still Image Format: PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF
- Control Panel: Built in software with camera control included. Optional hardware supported
- Control Panel Compatibility
- ATEM Software Control Panel (standard)
- ATEM 1 M/E Advanced Panel
- ATEM 2 M/E Advanced Panel
- ATEM 3 M/E Advanced Panel
- ATEM 4 M/E Advanced Panel
- Blackmagic Videohub Hardware Panel
- Upstream Keyers: 4
- Downstream Keyers: 2
- Advanced Chroma Keyers: Up to 4
- Linear/Luma Keyers: Up to 4
- Transition Keyer: DVE only
- Total Number of Layers: 9
- Pattern Generators: 5
- Color Generators: 2
- DVE With Borders and Drop Shadow: 2
- Interface: Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768
- Operating Temperature: 5° C to 40° C (41° - 104° F)
- Storage Temperature: -10° to 60° C (14° to 140° F)
- Relative Humidity: 0% to 90% non-condensing
- Power Supply: 1 x External 12V power supply
- Power Usage: 36W
- Dimensions (H X W x D): 1.56 x 14.56 x 5.37"
- Weight: 2.72 lb
Model: ATEM MINI EXTREMEISO
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.