Experience Breakthrough Katana Innovation For Bassists - The Boss Katana-210 Bass 2 x 10" Bass Guitar Combo Amplifier
Crafted with the breakthrough design philosophy behind the acclaimed Katana guitar amp series, the Katana-110 Bass delivers premium sound and advanced features perfectly tuned for the needs of serious bassists. Three unique amp characters and onboard BOSS effects provide a wide range of tones, backed by a stage-ready, 60-watt class AB power amp, custom 10-inch woofer, and tweeter with on/off switch. And with comprehensive EQ, flexible connectivity, and more, the Katana-110 Bass is ready to take on any playing situation, from stage to studio to everyday practice at home.
Refined Tone and Authoritative Power
The Katana-210 Bass brings you high-performance amplification fueled by decades of BOSS knowledge and expertise. Armed with 160 watts of time-tested class AB power, this gig-ready amp provides big volume, punch, and presence and smooth, natural drive as you turn up the gain. Three unique preamp types are also available - each with a powerful three-way Shape switch to fine-tune the character - so you'll always have the perfect sound for any style or genre.
- Vintage: A classic tube voice with organic tone and natural drive.
- Flat: Smooth, clear, and dynamic tone with rich harmonic character.
- Modern: Quick dynamic response with extended bass range.
Command The Stage
With its custom-designed speaker system and rock-solid combo cabinet, the Katana-210 Bass produces a commanding voice to drive your band in any musical situation. Two 10-inch woofers provide fullness and projection for larger stages, complemented with a tweeter for high-frequency definition that’s ideal for slap and other modern playing styles. Their efficient bi-amp design delivers clear and balanced sound, and the tweeter can be turned off with a panel switch for a more traditional bass tone if desired.
Four Independent Effects Sections
The Katana series is famous for its onboard BOSS effects, and the Katana-210 Bass is no exception. Dedicated comp/limiter and drive sections provide core processing, while FX1 and FX2 offer a treasure trove of options from the BOSS bass effects library, from standards like chorus and flanger to octave, bass synth, and more. The FX2 section also includes delay and reverb, and over 60 total effect types are available for loading via the BOSS Tone Studio editor.
Precision Sound-Crafting Tools
With the intuitive panel controls on the Katana-210 Bass, you can quickly refine your tone in detail. The studio-inspired Blend section lets you mix in some dry signal, which you can pre-shape from the panel with three customizable settings for the optimum tonal fusion. A comprehensive four-band EQ is also on hand, complete with three selectable frequency centers in the low-mid and high-mid bands.
Rich Performance Versatility
The flexible Katana-210 Bass is your perfect partner for any live gig. Six Tone Setting memories are available for storing and recalling the sounds you create, including preamp type, EQ, Blend, and effect settings. You can switch memories from the panel and go even further with optional footswitches, an expression pedal, and the GA-FC Foot Controller. There's also a balanced XLR output for connecting to a house PA, along with a switch to select between direct, pre, or post signals, plus a speaker jack to augment your sound with an external cabinet if needed.
Recording and Practice Powerhouse
The Katana-210 Bass is equally suited for studio recording and home playing. The compact footprint takes up minimal space, and the variable Power Control lets you dial up cranked-amp tones at family-friendly volume levels. A headphones/recording jack provides a direct output with effects and mic’d cab emulation with three Air Feel settings, while USB lets you interface with computer production software and track with great tone.
Go Deeper With BOSS Tone Studio
To shape sounds with even finer control, reach deep into the heart of the Katana-210 Bass with the BOSS Tone Studio editor. Adjust preamp, EQ, and Blend settings, call up and tweak over 60 BOSS effects, and organize sounds in Live Sets for different gigs. You can also shape the overall amp response with powerful global EQs and fine-tune system settings like Air Feel, USB, and more. And by connecting an optional BOSS Bluetooth Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor to the rear panel, you can wirelessly adjust settings on the gig from your iOS or Android mobile device.
- Versatile combo bass amp with stage-ready sound and advanced features
- 160-watt class AB power amp delivers big, punchy tone
- Rock-solid combo cabinet with two custom 10-inch woofers and high-frequency tweeter with on/off switch
- Three selectable amp voicings cover a wide range of styles
- Shape switch with three tone characters: mid scoop, bright, and extended range
- Four independent effect sections: compressor, drive, and FX1/FX2 with a vast range of selectable effects
- Comprehensive four-band EQ with selectable low and high-mid frequency controls
- Studio-inspired Blend section enables you to mix in the dry sound for enhanced fatness and clarity
- Six memories for storing and recalling favorite sound setups
- Power Control realizes cranked-amp volume in any playing situation
- Adjust preamp and effect settings, organize sounds, and more with the dedicated BOSS Tone Studio editor for macOS and Windows
- USB and phones/recording outputs with mic'd cabinet emulation
- Balanced XLR direct output with selectable direct, pre, or post signal
- External speaker jack
- Optional GA-FC footswitch for deep performance control
- Edit sounds from a smartphone with the optional BOSS Bluetooth Audio MIDI Dual Adapter
- Rated Power Output: 160 W
- Power Consumption: 117 W
Nominal Input Level
- Input -10 Dbu (1 M Ohm)
- Power Amp In: -10 Dbu (20 K Ohms)
- Aux In: -10 Dbu (20 K Ohms)
- Return In: -10 Dbu (100 K Ohm)
- Woofer: 25 Cm (10 Inches) X 2
- Tweeter: X 1
- Power Switch
- Master Volume Knob
- Power Control Switch (Standby, 1W, MAX)
- Tweeter Button
- Comp Button
- Drive Button
- Comp Knob
- Drive Knob
- Pad Button
- Shape Button
- Type Knob (Vintage, Flat, Modern)
- Gain Knob
- Volume Knob
- Blend Button
- Dry Level Knob
- Low Mid Button
- High Mid Button
- Bass Knob
- Low Mid Knob
- High Mid Knob
- Treble Knob
- FX1 Button
- FX2 Button
- Tap Button
- FX1 Knob
- FX2 Knob
- Tone Setting
- CH1 Button
- CH2 Button
- CH3 Button
- Panel Button
- GND LIFT Switch (Off, On)
- Select (Post, Pre, Direct)
- Low Mid
- High Mid
- Input Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Power Amp In Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Balanced Out Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Send Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Return Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Speaker Out 4 Ohms Jack: 1/4-inch Phone Type
- Rec Out/Phones Jack: Stereo 1/4-inch Phone Type
- EXP Pedal/CTL CH1/CH2 Jack: 1/4-inch TRS Phone Type
- GA-FC Jack: 1/4-inch TRS Phone Type
- Aux In Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- USB Port: USB B Type
- Bluetooth Adapter Slot: Bluetooth Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor
- AC IN Jack
Dimensions (Include Handle And Rubber Feet)
- 490 (W) X 360 (D) X 620 (H) mm; 19-5/16 (W) X 14-3/16 (D) X 24-7/16 (H) Inches
- Weight: 21.8 Kg; 48 lbs 1 oz
- Owner's Manual
- Power Cord
- GA-FC Sticker
Options (Sold Separately)
- Footswitch: BOSS FS-5L, BOSS FS-6, BOSS FS-7
- Expression Pedal: Roland EV-5, BOSS EV-30, BOSS FV-500L, BOSS FV-500H
- GA Foot Controller (GA-FC)
- Bluetooth Audio MIDI Dual Adaptor (Model BT-DUAL)
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.