OUT OF STOCK BUT WE CAN GET IT
• Ship time varies by availability - C19 delays possible
• Order now to reserve yours ~ risk free
Open Up A Pandora's Box Of Unique Vintage and Modern Effects With The Boss MD-500 Modulation Guitar Effects Unit
Powered by advanced BOSS technology, the ultra-versatile MD-500 delivers nearly any type of modulation effect a musician could want, and then some. Included are 28 different algorithms with intensive programming parameters, offering a nearly limitless sound palette to create with. And with class-defying 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate throughout, you'll enjoy pristine sound quality that extends beyond the capabilities of the very best studio hardware.
TWELVE MODES AND 28 MOD EFFECT TYPES
The MD-500 includes 12 modes with 28 different mod effect algorithms, and every one of them has been newly developed specifically for this pedal. All the go-to standards are here: chorus, vibrato, flanger, phaser, tremolo, rotary, classic vibe, and ring mod. Auto wah and touch wah effects are on hand too, plus BOSS originals like Slicer and Overtone. Slicer fans will welcome the ability to program custom patterns, an additional feature to the original SL-20 Slicer pedal. And with the MD-500â€™s spot-on recreation of Rolandâ€™s Dimension D from the 1980s, you can add amazing width and depth with one of the most revered studio rack effects of all time.
For the MD-500, standard effects like chorus, flanger, phaser, and others have been refreshed with BOSSâ€™s advanced new Prime algorithms. Using ultra-fast, high-powered DSP and the latest technology, BOSS engineers have reimagined these essential effects for enhanced expression, extended range, and maximum transparency. With an array of adjustable parameters per type, you have a massive range of sound-shaping potential at your fingers. Some effects even have all-new parameters never seen in BOSS effects before, such as the â€œBellâ€ and â€œSweetnessâ€ settings included in the Prime Chorus algorithm.
ADVANCED INTERFACE, INTUITIVE OPERATION
The MD-500 is equipped with a large LCD that clearly shows the patch name and other vital performance information. It also makes it easy to view and adjust the unitâ€™s deep editing parameters and advanced control features. With the grab-and-go panel knobs, you have top-level access to essential adjustments like depth and effect level, plus two parameter controls that change dynamically with the selected effect type. And via USB, you can connect with the free MD-500 Editor/Librarian on your computer for remote editing, patch backup, and more.
A/B SIMUL MODE AND INSERT LOOP FUNCTION
A/B Simul mode further extends the MD-500â€™s versatility by letting you run two patches at once. A selectable series or parallel connection enables all sorts of tone-shaping possibilities, and you can even send each effect to its own separate output if you like. The MD-500 also features an external loop that lets you insert gain and drive pedals and set the ideal effect order on a per-patch basis. For example, you can place a phaser or classic vibe before a drive pedal in one patch, and a chorus or flanger after the drive in the next. And when youâ€™re in A/B Simul mode, itâ€™s even possible to position the loop between two different mod effects.
- Studio-level sound with first-in-class 32-bit AD/DA, 32-bit floating point processing, and 96 kHz sampling rate
- 12 modes and 28 modulation types, all with deep editing parameters
- Classic mod effects and BOSS originals, newly enhanced with cutting-edge technology
- A/B Simul mode for using two patches at once, with your choice of series/parallel connection and mixed or split A/B output
- Insert Loop function allows you to use mod effects before, after, or around drive pedals
- Graphic LCD and intensive real-time control options •297 onboard patch memories and hands-on controls
- Selectable buffered-bypass or true-bypass operation
- MIDI I/O for interfacing with MIDI control devices
- USB-MIDI for connecting to the MD-500 Editor/Librarian or a DAW
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or PSA-series AC adapter
- Sampling Frequency - 96 kHz
- AD/DA Conversion - 32 bits
- Processing - 32-bit floating point
- Modes - 12 modes: CHORUS, FLANGER, PHASER, CLASSIC VIBE, VIBRATO, TREMOLO, DIMENSION, RING MOD, ROTARY, FILTER, SLICER, OVERTONE
- Memory -198 (99 banks x 2 [A] [B]), 297 (99 banks x 3 [A] [B] [C])
- Nominal Input Level - INPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Input Level - INPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance - INPUT A/MONO, B: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: -10 dBu
- Maximum Output Level - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: +8 dBu
- Output Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 2 k ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance - OUTPUT A/MONO, B: 20 k ohms or greater
- Bypass - Buffered bypass or True bypass (with relays)
- Controls - A switch, B switch, TAP/CTL switch, DOWN button, UP button, EXIT button, EDIT button, MODE knob, RATE/VALUE knob, DEPTH knob, E.LEVEL knob, PARAM 1 knob, PARAM 2 knob
- Display - Graphic LCD (128 x 64 dots, backlit LCD)
- Connectors - INPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks, OUTPUT (A/MONO, B) jacks: 1/4-inch phone type, CTL 1,2/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TSR phone type, USB COMPUTER port: USB type B, MIDI (IN, OUT) connectors, DC IN jack
- Power Supply - Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4, AC adaptor (sold separately)
- Current Draw - 225 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use - Alkaline: Approx. 4.5 hours
- Accessories - Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY," Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 4
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
Listing ID: NA83488
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.
- Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device