*IN STOCK - READY TO SHIP
Add A Library OfÂ Powerhouse Vocal Tools for Your Pedalboard With TheÂ Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Effects Pedal
If youâ€™re like most guitarists, you spend a lot of time choosing the right amps and pedals to craft your own personalized sound. But if you sing in your band as well, it hasnâ€™t always been so easy to give your vocal sounds that same attention to detail-until now. The advanced VE-500 Vocal Performer provides everything you need to achieve impressive vocal harmonies and effects on stage, and all in streamlined stompbox that integrates seamlessly with the regular guitar effects on your pedalboard.
Packing professional sound quality and serious BOSS DSP muscle, the VE-500 delivers sophisticated harmony and pitch correction functions that automatically track the chords you play on your guitar. It also includes a powerful vocoder and core sound-enhancement tools, plus world-class reverb, delay, and modulation sounds and specialty effects like distortion, filtering, and many others. And with programmable memories, you can instantly recall favorite setups for any song or style. The VE-500 is the perfect addition to the pedalboard of any singing guitarist, providing top-flight vocal processing that fits right alongside your standard guitar effects.
All the Vocal Tools You Need, Right on Your Pedalboard-Â Filled with deep sound-shaping capabilities, the VE-500 is a professional vocal toolkit that lets you process your voice any way you like, from subtle sweetening to the dramatic, over-the-top effects heard on so many modern records. And with its newly enhanced harmony and pitch engine, you can easily expand your sound with real-time vocal harmonies and more.Â
The VE-500â€™s stompbox configuration makes it simple to integrate with any pedalboard-just plug your guitar into the instrument input to drive the harmony, pitch, and vocoder functions, and then use the Thru output to feed an unprocessed signal to your other pedals. And with the VE-500â€™s stereo XLR outputs, youâ€™re able to send your processed vocal sounds directly to a PA mixer, stage monitor, or recording device.Â
Automatic Multi-Part Vocal Harmony Driven via Guitar or MIDI-Â Are you short of good backing singers in your band? The VE-500 is the perfect solution, making it easy to elevate your songs with rich, ear-catching vocal harmonies. Its automatic harmony engine is powered by advanced BOSS processing that detects the chords and key you play with your guitar, generating smooth and natural two- and three-part harmonies in real time as you sing. And by working with the VE-500â€™s different harmony modes, youâ€™re able to refine the harmonies as needed for songs that have more complex key structures. The harmony engine can alternately be driven via MIDI (through either the VE-500â€™s MIDI or USB inputs), enabling you to generate pitch-perfect live harmonies with a MIDI keyboard or DAW-based backing tracks.
Vocal FX That Impress-Â The VE-500 contains wide-ranging effects with deep editing parameters for crafting nearly any vocal sound imaginable. In addition, highly flexible routing options are available for processing live and harmonized vocals together or separately. Use the Enhance section to polish your voice with essentials like compressor, de-esser, and EQ, then tap into the two dedicated Reverb/Delay sections for everything from subtle coloration to lush, expansive clouds of ambience. Four independent FX engines are available as well, and each contains an enormous selection of effects types. Spice things up with a little chorus, flanger, or tremolo, add some secondary reverb or delay, or take things over the top with distortion, radio voice, ring mod, slicer, filtering, and more-the skyâ€™s the limit!
Get Creative with the Built-in Vocoder-Â Another killer VE-500 feature is its powerful vocoder function, which is derived from BOSSâ€™s unique and innovative VO-1 Vocoder pedal. By
- Advanced vocal multi-effects stompbox for singing guitarists
- Automatic vocal harmony/pitch correction powered by newly enhanced BOSS algorithms for natural sound with smooth tracking
- Class-leading sound quality and high-powered BOSS DSP engine for processing vocals with up to nine effects at once
- Extensive selection of effects specially tuned for vocals; Enhance section for shaping core tone, plus reverb, delay, modulation, distortion, EQ, filter, and many other types for further processing
- Versatile and creative vocoder effect for generating electronic voice and talk box sounds based on guitar input
- Flexible effect routing options for processing live and harmonized vocals together or separately
- Dedicated looper
- XLR mic input with adjustable sensitivity and available phantom power
- Guitar input for harmony, pitch, and vocoder processing; Thru output for sending unprocessed signal to guitar pedals
- Stereo XLR outputs for sending vocal sounds to a PA mixer or recorder
- Three assignable footswitches for real-time performance control, plus support for up to two external footswitches or an expression pedal
- 99 user memories for storing patch setups
- Three assignable knobs for quick access to essential parameters while performing
- MIDI input and USB-MIDI for guiding harmony/pitch engine from an external MIDI keyboard or DAW backing tracks
- Editor/librarian software (Mac/Windows) for sound editing and patch management via USB
Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- AD Conversion: 32 bits + AF method. AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Processing: 32-bit floating point
- Patches: 99 (User) + 50 (Preset)
- Nominal Input Level MIC IN: -40 dBu (Adjustable), INST IN: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance MIC IN: 4 k ohms, INST IN: 2 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level XLR OUT L, R: -40 dBu, -10 dBu (Selectable), INST THRU: -10 dBu (Unbuffered)
- Output Impedance: XLR OUT L, R: 600 ohms
- Display: Graphic LCD (132 x 32 dots, backlit LCD)
- Controls: DOWN switch, UP switch, HARMONY switch, EFFECT EDIT button, KEY button, MENU button, EXIT button, ENTER button, 1 knob, 2 knob, 3 knob, GND LIFT switch
- Connectors: MIC IN connector: XLR type, balanced, phantom power (DC 48 V, 10 mA Max), INST IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, XLR OUT L, R connectors: XLR type INST THRU jack: 1/4-inch phone type, CTL1,2 / EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, USB COMPUTER port: USB Micro-B type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: AC adaptor (PSA series)
- Current Draw: 310 mA (with phantom power), 210 mA (without phantom power)
- Dimensions: 170 (W) x 138 (D) x 62 (H) mm, 6-3/4 (W) x 5-7/16 (D) x 2-1/2 (H) inches
- Weight: 860 g, 1 lb 15 oz
- Accessories: AC adaptor: PSA series, Owner's manual, Leaflet "USING THE UNIT SAFELY"
- Options (sold separately): Footswitch: FS-5U, FS-5L, Dual Footswitch: FS-6, FS-7, Expression Pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5
- 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
Warranty: See manufacturer website for details
We are Chuck Levin's Washington Music Center
Maryland, Virginia, and Washington DC's legendary music shop. Family-owned and operated since 1958. Buy gear the way it was meant to be bought, from a store that's been there through it all and has the vibe to prove it. We're staffed with musicians and industry experts, people that live and breathe music gear. Our mission is to help you find the right gear for your project, that thing that will bring you the most joy out of what you do. We're an authorized dealer for almost every brand, we stock items the other stores don't, so you can try before you buy. Stop by our Wheaton, MD showroom and see for yourself.
Contact us if you have questions about one of our listings or if you need help finding the right piece of gear.